karlp

Nov 13, 2001
Any one want to report on this enduro?

I thought it was very fun. I ride C-Int, just for fun, and don't use a computer, so I'm not surprised I came in on row 41 at one check when I should have been 50. Really screwed my score.
I wish they would swap the sections one year. I really like the sections after the gas stop. They can keep some of the wooped out sand trails.
First ride on my KDX. As I suspected, not nearly as tiring as my big 'ole XR 400. And I thought you 2-stroke guys were superhuman!

Karl

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
So you started on row 50?, you were 9 minutes early. How many points did you get for that? Powervalve on my GG broke I just made it to the 8th check and had to give up. 9 minutes early sounds like you forgot to stop at a reset,
you were having way too much fun.

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I thought I was still behind a fella on my row who had a computer. Guess I got past him. Most likely at the reset on the road crossing just before we got into the bicycle trail secton.
No biggie, except my buddy who has only been riding about 6 months and had a computer smoked me score wise.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
I really enjoyed the trails, i havent seen that many switchbacks in a long time. It wasnt' whooped out when i came through (row 19), but i was kind of wondering what it would have looked like if I had started on a later row.

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I also need to put a plug in for the organizers. I've only ridden 7-8 enduros but this one sure was laid out nice. Everything was very well marked, hazards clearly painted, checks were smooth and friendly. A LOT of work went into this event and it showed. Very well done.
Even the cops at the road crossings were friendly!!??

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
Hey Karl,

I didn't notice you coming through our checks (4 & 8). I was too busy writing down numbers...

One of our guys had their little ones silly stringing a few of our buddys as they came through. If we'd a known it was you, we would have made you very colorful:)

Look forward to seeing you at the end of your road again.

By the way, what's your eamil address, I'd like o come over and hook up with you for your Saturday morning ride..
Rick

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
kdxjr, that would be 21, 5 points for the first min over and 2 points for every
min after that= 21 points. I was working check #3 when he came through and the guy was just flying!!! Glad ya'll enjoyed the ride and thanks from all
the Sandblasters for the complements on the enduro and the course, there where a lot of people that came and helped the day before and the day of the race that helped out more then can possiblly be expressed. I worked check #
13 and found riders telling us they enjoyed the long course to. Hope to see ya'll in Clanton.

Top Bottom