Race Report - Loggy Bottom Enduro

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Better late posting than never! ;)

On May 4th, me and John made the drive to Gulfport, MS for the Loggy Bottom Enduro which was run on May 5th. The drive (4 1/2 hours) was pretty uneventful except for the terrential rain that we went through on several different occasions. Just as the weather report had said, the rain stopped about an hour before we got to the camp and the next day was sure to be a dusty one. We pulled into camp, parked next to some friends, and I headed up to the sign up tent. Unfortunately, they had closed it at 6:00 and I would have to wait until the next morning to sign up.

After walking back to where we parked, we sat down to chat a while. I was a little surprised to hear someone call my name. It was no other than Timr . Sorry Tim, I'm terrible at remembering faces and I promise soon, I'll recognize you without you having to tell me who you are! It turns out that they had an opening on their row (row 42) and I could ride with them.

Sunday, I got to sign up, got myself and the bike ready and waited for the start. On the row was Bill, his son Wesley and Tim. I immediately settled into the role of "bringing up the rear" for our row. For the first loop, it was primarily four wheeler trails, with different speed averages scattered thoughtout. Bill, Wesley, and Tim quickly disappeared down the trail. I was riding as hard as I could but only managed to catch up when they stopped to wait on the clock. This happened again and again until right before the end of the first loop. The speed was bumped up to 20 MPH and then again to 24 MPH. The club was trying to catch you burning a check and the section didn't last very long (maybe 2 miles). While this probably caught some riders, I didn't affect me and I rolled into the tie breaker check with a 43.32. I was a little surprised I only dropped one but only because the 20 and 24MPH section weren't very long. It was now a 1/2 mile trail ride to the gas. At this point, I had only dropped one minute for the day but so had just about everyone else. :debil:

The second loop started with a mile or so ride down the paved road with a right turn into the woods. As soon as we turned in, I could tell that this wasn't going to be as open as the first loop. It didn't take me long to start feeling tired and I couldn't push myself like I had earlier. The trail was somewhat tighter but still really fun. I decided to just ride conservative enough to get to the finish. This ended up being much, much, much slower than before. I rolled into a restart mid way though and managed to somehow get back on my minute even though Tim, Wesley and Bill were no where in sight. I counted the miles down until the finish (it didn't seem like I would ever get there). I ended up with a total score of 31 for the day. This was only good for 2nd place as another girl had a 30. :(

All in all, I had a great time and can't wait until the next race. Thanks again Bill, Wesley and Tim for not letting me do something stupid. I'm known for having brain fade late in a race.

For the day, I rode about 60 actual miles. The drive home was way too long and the next morning............... :whiner:

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Great report CNM!!! I have not ridden any Enduros yet myself, I'm trying to figure out all the rules to these things, your report helps. There is an Enduro at Forrest Hill above Sacrament that Firelilly and Racergirl76 are trying to talk me into. I guess if I just go for fun I will at least accomplish that.

Thanks again for the report!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
It was fun having Neely on our row. She rode very well. Congratualtions of the 2nd place finish! :)

Top Bottom