NicoleB

Nov 9, 2004
Hello everyone! It is Nicole Bradford AKA Girlrider. I have been off trying out the world of Observed trials and loving it but I have decided to get back into enduro for next year. I hope you are all doing well. I missed doing our Oregon school this year but I was really busy with work and riding. I spent the last 3 years riding in Scotland for the Scottish Six Day Trial. This was actaully harder then the ISDE I rode but since the bike has no seat then I did not get monkey butt. I also found myself in Italy, Portugal and Spain competing in World rounds and the Trial De Nations. Who knows maybe this year I will try for the ISDE again in Slovakia. Anyone want to do it with me??

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Hey Nicole!
Trials has always intrigued me. I even have some tapes at home ('Balancing Act 2', etc.). Kinda think of myself as a closet Trials junkie. That has got to be sooo much fun. I love the absolute control of the bike, it's so awesome to watch. I'd love to do it, but money and time get in the way. It's good hear your doing well! I'm glad to see you coming back to relax and do some enduro's. I'm gonna try and qualify for New Zealand, but there is a good chance you could talk Mandi into riding Slovakia in '05. Actually, knowing Mandi it most likely wouldn't take too much convincing! As for me, I'll be saving my 'beans for '06. Keep us posted!

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Hi Nicole,
Great to hear from you and all the stuff you're doing... keep making us women look good!!!
-SusanP.
CRF250x
(formerly BBR230)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Nicole!!! I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier!! I now am the proud owner of a Montessa 315R (the one you rode at Oregon a year ago) I bought it off Karna and Justin (who just had their second baby boy btw). I also have a KTM400 and luv it.

Do you remember Julie from the first Oregon school? (hint: she railed over your 'borrowed" GasGas that was parked nearby) She and her hubby are moving to Jerome, Idaho and they met a guy who rides at your level and knows you, they met him when they were house hunting. Small world.

As for Slovakia, one of my Shred Betty Teammates (Beth) has a son who will be there for Team USA (Paul Neff) you will meet Beth, she is a very cool woman.

Hope you are doing well!! Would love to see you again and ride sometime.

Natalie

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
And Lissa!!

While I have you here in this thread, whats it gonna take to get you out here to the West to ride with us? Have you thought about Reno?

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Nicole,

Sounds like you have been busy with Trials. How did you place in Europe? Are you still having a great time with Trials? Did you miss Enduros, or are you just trying to mix things up?

I missed OR as well! Both of the classes helped my skills tremendously.

Jennifer
KTM250RFS

NicoleB

Nov 9, 2004
I am thinking of coming to Reno. I just sold my 03 GG trials to CJ so I may try to ride to Reno with them. I am also going to try to be a teacher at the Family enduro thing in May if that works. So Natalie you got a trials bike. Very cool. It will teach you a lot if you practice it. There is a video by Ryan Young that you can buy our I would be happy to mail you mine to use for a month or so. If so get me you address and I will send it.

Jennifer I did crappy in Europe this year because I had no time to practice. I have been SO BUSY with my work I was working 15 hour days to keep up. So I was dissappointed but there is not much one can do about that. The European girls are so good. The best Eropean rider is from Spain and her name is Lia Sanz. She is 19 and can honestly come to the US and compete with out BEST men. She beat Traivs Fox and Ray Peters at the world round in Minnesota.

My new GG 250 arrived last Friday and I rode it Saturday. It is awesome and it felt good to be back on an enduro bike. I have to re-train myself to use 2 fingers on the clutch and not 1. I also have not idea how to sit down so that is weird but at least no monkey butt. I will be racing enduro next year but I will always have a trials bike.

Nicole

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thanks for asking! I'd love to come out west and ride. It would be quite different from what I'm used to. Actually Rob and I have fancied the idea of doing a road trip west to try a event or two. Not this year but in the near future for sure!

Top Bottom