jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
looks exactly like my 79 xl 100. the mufflers on those things must have all rusted off due to it allowing water to pool up inside. I had to weld up my own straight pipe haha. Brings back memories

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
_JOE_ said:
Hey Tyler, you ever get that KX fixed?

Nope, but im making the bolt rite now in my machine shop class. Just started though, and i dont get much time to work on it. But its getting made of tool steel and hopefully it wont break....

And im going to be selling it, and start saving for a 1995+ bike KX, CR, YZ, RM... want to be able to ride without breaking my bike and not being able to find the parts to fix it...

yeah those are zip ties. And the mufflier is in pretty bad shape.

We didnt start on it yet, but i will keep you posted. I Might even do it for my Senior Project! But im not sure yet.

And thanks for the intrest!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
Nope, but im making the bolt rite now in my machine shop class. Just started though, and i dont get much time to work on it. But its getting made of tool steel and hopefully it wont break....

And im going to be selling it, and start saving for a 1995+ bike KX, CR, YZ, RM... want to be able to ride without breaking my bike and not being able to find the parts to fix it...

yeah those are zip ties. And the mufflier is in pretty bad shape.

We didnt start on it yet, but i will keep you posted. I Might even do it for my Senior Project! But im not sure yet.

And thanks for the intrest!
Cool! We'll have to get out in the spring time. 2 of my riding buddies are done for the season. One isn't allowed to go (whooopsh), and the other just shattered ankle/ leg. I think you know Kevin don't you? He's the one with the busted up ankle.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
_JOE_ said:
Cool! We'll have to get out in the spring time. 2 of my riding buddies are done for the season. One isn't allowed to go (whooopsh), and the other just shattered ankle/ leg. I think you know Kevin don't you? He's the one with the busted up ankle.

For sure! I would love to go out again before the end of this year. I won't stop till the snow flies (and even sometimes when it is snowing).

No i don't know Kevin. Is that kschilk? I Never met him personally. I need a new bike. It kills me to sit here and wait. i really want to ride.

And we are going to start tearing the bike apart next weekend. Hopefully.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok, so me and my dad started to tear apart the bike. We got the engine off. And half apart. We found that it looks to be that the exhaust valve is bent. With a new piston and rings, and valves it may run. Besides that it is pretty clean inside the engine. This is as far as we made it. But here are some pics.

S5000213.jpg

S5000214.jpg

S5000215.jpg

S5000216.jpg

S5000217.jpg

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I had a guy drop off an engine simimlar to that one, and the exhaust valve bent also. When I told him he needed to get a valve job, he asked if I could just straighten the valve, in a vice, he does it all the time. He came and picked the motor up, as is!

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I had a guy drop off an engine simimlar to that one, and the exhaust valve bent also. When I told him he needed to get a valve job, he asked if I could just straighten the valve, in a vice, he does it all the time. He came and picked the motor up, as is!

Was his name Homer?? DOH!!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:

Wow... Just goes to show how stupid some people are...

And we are currently looking for parts for this bike, hope to get it running right after winter.. cant wait.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Check the cylinder for wear before you order a piston - you might need an overbore.

Also, you might as well put a new cam chain on while you are in there.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Wow, somehow I missed this thread for a while. Yeah, Kevin is kschlik. Did you get the kx fixed? I may try to get down there if you are good to go.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
dirt bike dave said:
Check the cylinder for wear before you order a piston - you might need an overbore.

Also, you might as well put a new cam chain on while you are in there.

Yeah thats what i was planning to do, the cylinder shows wear, i think honing it out would do the trick. But might as well go for the over bore.

_JOE_ said:
Wow, somehow I missed this thread for a while. Yeah, Kevin is kschlik. Did you get the kx fixed? I may try to get down there if you are good to go.

No... i haven't. I got the metal cut to make it, but haven't had a chance to actually cut it on a lathe. I don't think it will take me long, but classwork comes first. I let you know when its running, ill go up there the weekend after i get it fixed. (hopefully it doesn't break again.)

Top Bottom