Looking at a 2002 CR125, any good??

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
I might be getting rid of my Kawi, and adding cash to get a bike I have wanted for a LONG time. My family are big Honda fans (don't ask why), so we always rode red. All my gear is red. I have always wanted a aluminum frame CR. I now have my chance.

Is the 2002 models any good?? Things I should look out for in these years??

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A buddy of mine has one. It's alright. Not super fast, handles decent and feels pretty light. He's had a hell of a time with tuning. As far as I know the 02 up CR125s are all pretty much the same. You plan on racing?

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
_JOE_ said:
A buddy of mine has one. It's alright. Not super fast, handles decent and feels pretty light. He's had a hell of a time with tuning. As far as I know the 02 up CR125s are all pretty much the same. You plan on racing?

Not racing, will never be good enough :whoa: . We ride in a lot of open wooded areas. Might hit up a few tracks, but nothing major. Just want to make sure there aren't any serious problems with this year

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
_JOE_ said:
I'm sure you're good enough for C class. Not everyone who races is fast.....

Hmm I will look into it, there is a motocross track less then 4 miles away from my house. I can keep up with most people on the trails. I have been riding since I was 14yo just about every weekend, at around 17yo I started hanging out with friends more then riding (we rode maybe 1 time a month) so my dad figured we got out of the sport and sold the bikes. Been depressed since. I kept all my gear though just in case. When I turned 20yo, I traded a gun and cash for "MY" first own dirtbike, rode it for a while then it needed work so I had to stop riding, then got laid off. I have other bikes, but I got them for cheap, decent shape just needs work, "project bikes". I just turned 21yo 2 months ago, my dad see's that we love riding still, my sister bought herself a CRF150, and I want this CR125. My dad is getting back in the sport as well. Bit he is looking at at the newer CRF's jsut like his last one....

Sooooo ya, theres my story. Been out of it for a while but I got all my gear, and I am ready to get back into this expensive hobby/obesession again. I REALLY want a aluminum frame CR. I will look into that C class thing Joe.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That's awesome that your family rides too! The CR should be perfect for you. You should go to the track on a practice day to get to know it a bit. It's alot cheaper on practice day too.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah my family rides (or we did atleast). Now that they see me and my sis getting back into the sport, they are too. My dad use to race back in the day, I think in the 70's.. way back when.. used to wear kidney belts and all :laugh: .

Now what year 125's came with this new electronic power valve??? Is it a reliable setup?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
As long as you keep an eye on the power valve it's fine. Being clean and well adjusted is important.

Top Bottom