Looking at Gas Gasser's / Few questions

Mikeb

Subscriber
OOOH OOWW OOHH You guys are twisting my arm ;)

I really like my KDX but the saddle time on a 250 EC made me realize there is a whole new world out there. I will probaby be making the move real soon.

Euro Gas thanks for clearing up the stuffed crank thing. I have been on all those sites in the last week. I will go back and read the flywheel article.

Justin, I cant wait to get home to see the new photos. Stilwater is still almost 10 hour drive for me. Long way man.

Timr ... I may be OLD but I am NOT mature :confused:

Jay ... You aint old cause that means I am REAL OLD.

Thanks for advice fella's. Look for more Newbie questions coming real soon.

lawman

Lifetime Sponsor
hey mikeyb, you know me, i think the best things in life are orange, but i suppose reasonable minds can differ, so i'd like to try to help out. 1) a few months ago, southaven kaw had a 300 g-g for sale that they said they'd let go out for a test ride. i think it was a '99 or '00. 2) also, 2 buddies & i will be making that long drive to stillwater, we're doing the blackjack enduros this year. i bet we could find space for another bike, if you & jql strike a deal. just let me know! john

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Don't tell Canadian Dave and the rest of the KDX'ers but I am seriously considering buying one.
LOL Mike you're busted :eek:

Mike how much to ship a bike? Canadian $ is really taking a kicking. Could be some money to be saved shipping one south? Oh and I promiss not to test ride it before sending it on its way LOL.

You'd be looking at about $5500US for a new 300EC. That's retail so expect some movement on the price.
David

Mikeb

Subscriber
OK you caught me Dave! I really dont know why I want a different bike The KDX is been A GREAT little ride .. just want to try something different. I really cant scrape up the $$'s for a new one right now. I'll try to call you soon.

Lawman .. I just might take you up on that offer. Give me a call a couple of days before you leave and I will let you know. Number is on MMC member list and is also in the phone book under Collierville listings.

I thought my KDX was the best all around play bike that I ever owned, until I bought a GG. My 01 XC200 is everything the KDX was and much much more, especially suspension wise. I was always pushing the front end of my KDX to the limits, and it tossed me around pretty bad in the woops. I can hammer my GG as hard as I want through the woops and it begs for more and then take it in the tight, rocky, steep junk and it is still at home. You won't regret buying a GG.

Mikeb

Subscriber
Lawman, I will be driving to Ark this weekend to look at an 01 EC250 so thanks on your generous offer but I wont be needing you to pick up the bike from Justql. Talk to ya soon.

Mully

AssClown SuperPowers
I have a 10 oz. flywheel weight on my XC300 and it will lug down real low, lower then any other bike I have owned. When you get tired in the later stages of a HS this really comes in handy for us old, I mean mature riders.

Mully

This bike could make it into the "Top Three" favorite bikes that I have owned. Just weighting (sorry bad pun) for the first Enduro on it then I will decide.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by Mully
Just weighting (sorry bad pun) for the first Enduro on it then I will decide.
The Summer Bummer is less than two months away. ;)

Do you guys (& girls?) know what the lighting coil capacity is on the 2002 300 XC? Someone near me has one for sale and I am very interested in it, but I would like to dualsport it. I sold my KTM 360 not too long ago and I am riding a DRZ now....like the DRZ but once that European 2-stroke stuff gets in your blood, well you know. :cool:

Oh yea, can anybody that has ridden a GG and a KTM compare the level of vibration. My 360 was a real buzzer, and I have heard that the 200 KTM vibrates a lot too- not sure about the 250's & 300's. Are the GG's much smoother since they have removed the counter balancer?

Thanks alot.

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
You should be happy with the smooth running XC/EC motor - little vibration when compared to a KTM. I think the lighting coil on the XC is 60W...

jeff
'01 gasgas ec300 w/ ohlins forks
lt-racing.com GasGas Performance Products and Services

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Hey Mikeb, I have rode a friends 99 ec 250 It is fast, And has a rock hard seat. And the suspension is stiff. But, that is compaired to my kdx 225. Maintaince is not one of his strong points. But the gg keeps on going! I guess the main reason for my post is to come out of the closet... No not what you all are thinking :scream: It's Just the fact that I went and bought a new YZ 125 last week :D I have more mx tracks than than trails in my area! Now I have to sell the KDX :( Good luck with your bike search. Darin

Mikeb

Subscriber
My GAWD boy have you lost your mind? :scream: A YZ 125? You got good medical insurance? I think I will stick to slow paced cow trails and leave that MX Stuff up to you yunguns!.

Youre gonna be at DW02 aint ya?

Mully

AssClown SuperPowers
Originally posted by WoodsRider
The Summer Bummer is less than two months away. ;)
I have just a few modifications to make and I will be there. And as a side note, so will my son. It will be, finally, his first enduro. :)

Any chance you will make and appearance ??

Mully