Looking for a new bike...is this too good to be true?

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
I'm on the hunt for a new KX 250 after a 4 year break from riding.(overseas military tour) I was always a team green rider before. Plan on getting back into woods racing so I think the KX motor will suit me. Plan on going new and came across THIS LINK for a brand spankin new 2003 KX in the crate for $3899 with no taxes or extra fees. This seems a bit too good to be true for me. What do you guys think? Has anyone dealt with this company. Another plus is I am only 6 hours from where they ship so I could potentially take a road trip and not spend anything on shipping. The other option is go for the 2004 from the local dealer but I'd be spending alot more money...Looking for opinions.....
Thanks

Steve47

Nov 23, 2001
motorcyclebrokers is legit, a bunch of guys here use them. They are canadian bikes.

The 03 is a good bike, the motor is a bit soft but the suspension and handling awesome. I say, buy the 03, put a pipe combo and a v-force.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
I bought my '03 KX250 from them, no problems whatsoever. Can be a little tricky if you want to title it, but I took mine to a currency exchange that also handled title work. They do it every day, completely took that hassle out of the process (try it at a DMV an you'll get a lot of blank stares).

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
If they from Canada where is the distributor? Is the group from the US or what

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
kawdude said:
If they from Canada where is the distributor? Is the group from the US or what

No, they're just a Candian dealer who ships the bike to your nearest Forward Air freight terminal. You get a set of Canadian documents that are similar to a Certificate of Origin. They're Canadian bikes, but in many cases no different from those sold in the U.S.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Hey NW,

I am not going to knock the Kawi deal, I'm a "Team Greener" as well and I'm familiar with cycle brokers but iffin I was you I'd be snoopin around to see if there are any leftover '03 YZ 250's around, not the F but the two stroke, I have seen 'em coming down in price pretty dramatically. You have some excellent riding over your way and highly recommend Airway Heights and Toes MX over in Royal City

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Hey guys thanks for all the replies. This forum is a bit more busy than I thought. This is just what I need is another forum to keep up on..haha I've already dumped tons of money into my Toyota 4-Runner because of these things..haha. Sounds like the company is legit. I could drive right to where they distribute from in a bout 5 hours. I think I feel a road trip coming on. . HOb Roff... I just moved to Spokane and I work at Fairchild AFB so I drive through Airway Heights every day. I know there's an ORV park out there somewhere. I grew up just South of Spokane in Idaho and the riding there is where it's at. Miles and miles of trails. There's some awesome cross countries around as well. If you get tired of that head over to the Fossil Bowl MX track. It was featured in Children of the Medal God one. Imagine to our surprise when we see our local track in a Motorcycle vid.. we were stoked! I've partied with a couple of the local riders in that segment. Last question I have is were there any hidden charges that came up after it was all said and done ...taxes, fees, ect ect?? My cousin also happens to be a Yamaha salesman so I may check into that.. I've heard good things about them. Have to see what kind of price he can get me. Thanks again for the quick replies...

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Well I've done quite a bit of research and I think I'm sold on the 03. I just hope the brokers still have a couple by the time I get back from this deployment..(about 2 weeks hopefully). Looks like I'll drive to Blaine to pick one up.. woohoo.. cant wait even though it'll be snowy for a few more months.....

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
No hidden charges in my case. Not sure if some states make you pay tax?

I agree the YZ is a better bike and if you can find one REAL cheap go for it, but when I bought my KX it was the cheapest deal BY FAR. :)

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I think that deal is too good to pass up. I was tempted to sell my bike and go for it as well. I love my YZ, though. It does anything and everything I want it to do. Way above my level.

That KX is 2000.00 cheaper than anything I could get new, locally. I saw a used, "team raced" 03 KX 250 at the local shop "on sale" for 3999.00.

I say do it . Maybe invest a bit in the motor and live hapily ever after. I could not even get a KDX 200 locally for that cheap!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I dropped a tooth on the cs, really woke it up, and the longer FMF Q series silencer adds some upper mid and top end, and I am very happy. Will do the E Gorr Mo Better porting once it is top end time, but for now I am very happy. I am not a racer, but I like to hit the 50+' doubles and 65' triples and it has plenty of power for those. :)

Top Bottom