Looking for Dualsport tire recommendation

odonnks

Jan 19, 2002
I'm looking for advice on replacement dualsport tires. I'm looking for tires to run on a KTM LC4 640 that are agressive enough to do well in wet trail riding and still be streetable enough to get to trails that are an hour + away.
I'd be happy to get a thousand miles of use.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Thank you

Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
dualsport tires

I'm looking for DOT knobbies for the WR. pirelli has 2: MT-21 +MT18.Michelin baja's are DOT legal,Metzler unicross are legal also.Rumor has it tire life is questionable on Metzler MCE's+Dunlop D series. If you want something less agressive, try chapparral or another on line site for ideas.

MaXRSmart

Feb 7, 2002
I have run the Pirelli MT-21 and the Dunlop 606. The Dunlop lasted longer and hooked up better in the dirt. I ride about 85% off-road.

MaXRSmart :cool:

EK

Dec 3, 2000
This may sound completly out in the weeds, but it works incredibly well - a Michelin competition radial X-11 rear trials tire. The tire is DOT rated for street use. I ride almost exclusively on trails and it works much, much better than a knobby, even on the slimy clay mud.

I wrote a detailed write-up on the tire a while back - it really works. Further, it lasts much longer than a knobby.
The write-up is titiled Michelin Trials tire - phenomenal!!

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=32600&highlight=trials+tire

Eric K
'01 GasGas 300XC
LTR jetting
Michelin X-11 trials tire

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom