mmellorXR

Jun 10, 2004
Hi, I am looking for more people to ride with, I mainly ride at Corral Canyon in the summer and Ocotillo Wells in the winter. I live in Carlsbad CA. Not really interested in track riding!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
MmellorXR, Get up with Tree. He lives down south and rides Corral Canyon often. I live in Fallbrook and work in C-bad just down the road for the track.
Other local areas are off Deer Springs and I-15 across from Welk'sVille. Wildomar is small but has some nice trails that form a good loop. It's DG though and is hard riding in summer. Winter is nice at Wildomar when the dirt is wet. It's like west coast GNCC stuff. Run the outside trails if you go working west to east from the parking area. Temecula use to be the place to ride close to home but with all the development and the new Riverside County Habitat Conservation Plan; riding is getting tough out there!!
Flightline in C-bad is good for mountain biking and some guys ride there, lost of single track. But your bike better be very quite. I wouldn't take the chance, but I've seen guys post on proride.com that they ride there.

Happy trails and if you find anything close to home fill us in. I often see bikes coming up to Fallbrook on the weekends, but I don't know where they go unless it's on the USMC base lands. Again I wouln't take that kind of chance with my bike.

Good luck.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
post when you would like to go, i sometimes ride with Tree at ocotillo wells, corral canyon, lark canyon and have hit the tracks a couple times, i also have other friends that go on family rides on their XR's.
so post your next ride there is usually always someone that wants to ride.
you can also checkout http://www.socal-dirtriders.com, there's some local riders there too

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Heck yea! I'm ready for a ride and planned to go to corral canyon next Sun. (6/20). I'll make a post on the ride. I usually stage at the Pine Valley exit and ride in. It makes it about a 50 mile loop and takes about half the day.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
You'll see lots of rides posted in here. About every weekend someone is going somewhere. Feel free to join in. I've mainly doen th TWMC enduros which you could ride as a fast paced trail ride. There is no membership needed. For info check ou the post on this weekneds event. called TWMC high desert luau. This one may be a little far to go but they do closer ones throughout the year.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Welcome aboard, we have a true mix of riders and rides, watch the posts and join us.

mmellorXR

Jun 10, 2004
Hey, thanks for all for all the replies!!! I want to go to corral sometime next week, tuesday or wednesday would be the best days. If any one is interested in meeting me up there or driving up together let me know, I will keep checking the postings. Thanks again.

mmellorXR

Jun 10, 2004
Tree said:
Heck yea! I'm ready for a ride and planned to go to corral canyon next Sun. (6/20). I'll make a post on the ride. I usually stage at the Pine Valley exit and ride in. It makes it about a 50 mile loop and takes about half the day.

Very interested in doing that ride from Pine Valley. I have heard about that route, sounds great as it cuts the driving time by about 30mins. I am starting a new job this week so at the moment I am free on Sunday but things could change, I should know by wednesday for sure. Keep me posted. Thanks for your reply!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
mmellorXR,

Who would go riding at Corral Canyon? :nener: I think I know this guy mellor. You wouldn't happen to have a neighbor who mounts a rickety old KDX would ya?

Everyone who has responded to your post, sep me of course, are quality fellas. I hope you get to ride with some of them. If I can find some kitchen passes I'd like to go also.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
fred2 said:
mmellorXR,

Everyone who has responded to your post, sep me of course, are quality fellas. I hope you get to ride with some of them. If I can find some kitchen passes I'd like to go also.

:ohmy: Awwww, don't believe it mmellor. fred, (Please don't call me George) 2, is a good guy too. :) :rotfl: How's the new family doing fred???

mmellor.

You've come to the right place. We have a very diverse group of riders here. Beginners to expert, young and old, male and female. An then of course, there's elk. :yikes:

Keep an eye on this forum for future rides. They will be posted here and you are more than welcome to join us.

Come up to Kennedy Meadows on the 4th of July. There will be a large group there from So. Cal and No. Cal. Even a couple of our mid-west transplants will be there. :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The closest thing we have to a female is that toilet paper we use with Twinspar's face on it. Oh, and that cross dressing 89er, he's a funny one, gotta watch yourself though, he gets friskie on cold rides. hehehe

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
The closest thing we have to a female is that toilet paper we use with Twinspar's face on it. Oh, and that cross dressing 89er, he's a funny one, gotta watch yourself though, he gets friskie on cold rides. hehehe

:ohmy: HEY! Quit following me copper! :nener: :moon: :moon:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
89r,

The family is doing well. Both are getting bigger and into MORE things. The boy Matthew loves to ride his bike. He has already crashed on it. :yikes: But he got right back on it....while crying of course. I think he saw Daddy do that. :think: At least the crying part.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm all over you like a cheap suit old man!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If I had a leaf blower on my back and the front wheel was off the ground, it was me! That tutu is a part of me now, gonna have to get another one for the new guys.

whuatta

Sep 11, 2002
mmellor,
You're gonna have a great time riding with this bunch. I went on my first group ride with some of the guys here about a month ago and had a blast. Funniest guys I've met in a long time.

Top Bottom