jeremy27

Jul 8, 2007
looking for a good place to ride my bike with no sand prefferably in lower michigan south of flint where i can also take my girlfriend and her quad and suggestions?

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
There is no place south of Flint to ride. Sorry.And you will also have to except the fact that anywhere within 100 miles of there will be sandy.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
If she is on a Quad, sand shouldn't be much of an issue for her. Quads traverse the sand way better than the bikes do. Michigan does have a lot of sand though. Especialy this summer with our 2 month dry spell.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
cnielse5 said:
The Mounds is ok. it is kind of small, but good for beginners. Just watch out for Jeeps!

Enough to make you want to move to Idaho, eh?

;)

supajdogg

May 1, 2007
i grew up in flint and used to ride the mounds all the time. it's fun as hell. you have to buy a special sticker to ride there now, but it's all there is unless you know someone who will let you ride on their land. it is also heavily patrolled by the dnr, so if you're over the noise limit you're screwed. just suck it up and drive north a little, there's tons of riding up here.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Unless things have changed in the last few years the Mounds is an overgrown deathtrap. If your going, stick to a weekday.Its fine if you just want to go check out some work you just did on your ride but other than that.?
Maby someone who has been there this year will chime in.

lowry

Feb 25, 2005
I hate the mounds. I almost got hit by a Geo tracker going around a corner on a trail. Redneck mud fest.
That place is NOT SAFE.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Yeah I live near the mounds, about 20 min or so...not a place I would choose to ride, mostly 4 wheelers and crazy fockers with jeeps, trucks, etc and honeslty is not that big of a place to ride.

It would be nice if some farmer or rich person would buy or put up 500 acres somewhere and set up some trails, I would pay for a place to rider further down state if it wasnt to terribly expensive.

I am fortunate to have 50 acres around the way, like a mile from my house to ride woods and nice open field with an abandon mx track that is all flat with some whoops, that keeps me going, thank God for that, or I would be depressed.

supajdogg

May 1, 2007
supajdogg said:
i grew up in flint and used to ride the mounds all the time. it's fun as hell. you have to buy a special sticker to ride there now, but it's all there is unless you know someone who will let you ride on their land. it is also heavily patrolled by the dnr, so if you're over the noise limit you're screwed. just suck it up and drive north a little, there's tons of riding up here.
I guess one man's death trap is another's party! Where else can you go boggin, jump over a line of trucks, climb sand hills, and go swimming all in the same day?!? I remember the last time I was out there a guy wanted to fight me because I aired out my YZ over his bronco that was parked in the middle of a trail in the way. Good times!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom