YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Hey guys,

I just got a 2000 RM250, and the owner told me that when you hit higher speeds, the front end begins wobbling. He thought it was because of the fork seal leak which probably caused some weighting problems, buut, I was cleaning the bike last night, and I noticed that almost all the spokes on the front wheel are loose! Do you think this could be the cause of the wobble instead?? Thanks in advance.

DirtIsMyName

~SPONSOR~
Apr 16, 2005
Yep, adjust the inners first to make the wheel round. Then adjust the outers to make the wheel true. Adjust doesn't always mean tighten. This can be tricky and may best be left to someone who already has the feel for it.

I would bet that a search will reveal more info.

Last edited:

YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Thanks 'dirtismyname'

I've actually respoked a rear wheel for my previous bike before already. So I've got a pretty good idea of how to do it, but I don't know what you mean by, outers and inners...could you expand on that a little? Thanks

YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Sorry to be back again, but about what the original owner of the bike said...is there anyway that a broken fork seal could cause a wobble, or, is that highly unlikely?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
I would say it would be possible...such as if one leg had no oil and the other still had oil....however, an out of true wheel will most definately cause a bad wobble.

YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Alright guys, thanks for the info. I'm gonna tru the front wheel, and I'll see how things are after that. If any of you have had an actual experience with the front forks causing a wheel wobble, I'd still be interested to hear about it, thanks.

Top Bottom