loosing coolant

I replaced the water pump on my yz250.I start it up and i get coolant coming out the radiator over flow,quite a bit maybe half a quart over ten minutes.I tried a new radiator cap any ideas?Head gasket maybe?

I'm in the same boat with my KX250. I've been told that it might be the head gasket or the cap like you said. I tried a KDX cap (which is identicle to the KX's) on the weekend and still have the same problem.
It must be the head gasket then....

Good luck!

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
Yep. Sounds like a leaky head gasket

Since you said you replaced the water pump, I would go back and check that I didn't do something wrong........

If you have a leaking head gasket it can presure up the radiator. Chances are if the water pump went out and the engine got hot, you warped the head a little causing the leak.

Take the head off and get 320 wet & dry sandpaper and a flat service such as a piece of glass, make figure 8's until you see all fresh metal.

If you continue to run the the engine with a leaking head gasket and it is sucking water into the head it will wash down the oil causing lots of damage after a while. I learned this the hard way when the main bearings went out.

Guy

rickyd

Hot Sauce
If water was getting into the cyl, would there be a loss of power?? Did you recently have the head or cylinder off?? Maybe a gasket got installed wrong if so..
Rick