Losing My Mind - Where Did the Thread Go???

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I could have swore that there was a thread where a user listed the best prices he found on stabilizers from a dealer in AL??? Where did it go???

On that topic - I want to run the Scott's (ordering tomorrow) - can you run the Scott's bolt on kit and still use a standard 7/8" aluminum bar setup? I was worried there would not be enough clearance byt he crossbar.

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
scott's can set you up with a bar with a curved cross bar to clear the stabilizer.

The thread regarding the prices in AL has been deleted fro some reason. :think:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sure it was deleted?

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I think I see it now - it states it was deleted because it belongs in the For Sale section???

All it was was a fellow KDXr stating that he found good prices on all three stabilizers at a dealership and provided the POC.

Okiewan - please recover that message if possible.

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
I had it listed in my favorites and now it won't find it. When i resurected the old thread on sunday it worked now the whole thing is gone. What's up with that? :think:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Looks like the original poster was ckx250 - maybe he can repos it as I didnt see any reason to delete the messgae. Was deleted by Ronin (sp).

Sean

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Scott's lists what the clearance requirement is for installing their unit on a 'standard' set of bars. Some have kept their bars (not oem, natch) and 'reformed' (read 'bent') their crossbars. ..or just run without it.

Best fit is going to be the bars from Scotts with the already curved crossbar. Obviously the purchase of 'fat bars' would preclude the use of a crossbar of any shape.

No, you cannot buy just the curved bar from Scotts.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
But then if you use fat bars it opens a whole other can of worms causing you to have to buy a new top triple clamp and all.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
They work just fine with your regular 7/8" bars if you don't have them way forward or back. My crossbar covers the mounting bolts for security! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom