Louisana riders...Where is Ft. Polk riding area?

YZ250man

Jun 9, 2002
Been to Forest Hill a million times, but never to Ft. Polk, and this weekend I'm taking my boy up to ride for his 10th birthday.....

Can anybody give me directions? I'll be coming from B.R., (hwy 190 to Opalusas)....

Thanks....

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
The area you are looking for is the Vernon Enduro trail. Sorry I missed this before your ride. I am sorry that I cannot tell you the exact road numbers to arrive there :( I just know how to drive to it. I am going offshore in the morning for three weeks. I will not be able to get you the exact road numbers until then, but if you are still interested, get with me when I return and I will gladly help out. The best I can offer now is... go to Cravens, while heading west on hwy 10, turn right at the Conoco station, go to the stop sign, turn left, stay on this road until you come to a fork in the road (Rd 299 or 399?) and go left on it. Go down until you see a greenish forestry road on the right. It will have a brown forestry service sign just off the road. Take this road down until you see the entrance to the riding site on the left, I think there is another brown Forestry Service sign here. Pull up there anywhere around the covered pavilion.

I know these directions are very imprecise, but I can't get a map online right now that is very detailed to get the correct road numbers for you. Also, my Louisiana state map doesn't offer the roads that I need to tell you. If someone from the area reads this and can offer any corrections or more detailed directions please jump in here!

Randy

Last edited:

robrm250

Sponsoring Member
May 5, 2002
I am looking to move back to Mandeville,La. in the future and would like to know.I live in North Alabama and there is a great riding club here.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom