low back exercise for spine issues?

MCMAN56

Sep 5, 2000
Is there a low back exercise that can work muscles for endurance but not irritate structural problems in the spine? A couple vertebrae in my lower spine have slipped forward so a lot of the standard exercises can create pain. My back is the first muscle to tire out so I would like to do some exercise for it

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I would say it may not be a problem with just your lower back, I would guess your abbs need to be trained along with your lower back. I would recommend crunches and legg lifts to go along with some straight legged deadlifts or tow touches.

titaniumbutt

Jan 6, 2004
The best thing I've found for my back problems is swimming and indoor rock climbing.
Especially the climbing. You will use muscles you never know you had! Doing it indoors will give you a more concentrated workout....and it's fun.
Ab exercises too.
Good luck!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Been reading some very promising studies and articles on Roman Chair exercises to build endurance. It appears that stationary, holding your torsoout parallel to the ground for about 60 seconds, 3 times a week, results in huge increases in back endurance. Search Back Endurance on the net and you will find some info. Of course, get approval from treating MD before attempting.

Top Bottom