SpLiTFiRe

Nov 24, 2005
Has anyone one tried a "Power Now" on a 2 stroke 250?
Also... how much does polishing the cylinder help out and what part of the power does it help out? Does anyone make smaller base gaskets for more compression? Does advancing your timing help out a lot for low-end? My 06 Kx 250 does not have the bottom I need I could lose a little of the mid hit for some bottom with out fussing too much!! Any thoughts? I don't want to bore it out unless that is last resort!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
cometic makes the thinner gaskets, you need to call them up and wait for them to make them. the thinnest is 0.3mm, and stock is 0.5mm.

However, the latest KXs have a lot of compression stock and tend to detonate so you are going to run into problems, plus, the added compression might make the mid hit even stronger.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
SpLiTFiRe said:
Also... how much does polishing the cylinder help out and what part of the power does it help out? Does anyone make smaller base gaskets for more compression? Does advancing your timing help out a lot for low-end? My 06 Kx 250 does not have the bottom I need I could lose a little of the mid hit for some bottom with out fussing too much!! Any thoughts? I don't want to bore it out unless that is last resort!!

Just buy a KX 500 and all your low end, mid range, and top end worries are over :)

Just kidding. All you gotta do is buy the right pipe. People here will probably recommend one of the low end FMF pipes.

kshackleton

Oct 12, 2005
SpLiTFiRe said:

Flywheel weight to smooth out the hit and increase traction.

Top Bottom