Low end pipes 04 CR 250R

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I was wondering if anyone would offer an opinion on pipes to boost the low to midrange on a 04 CR250R. I ride with alot of people that have mostly quads and we do alot of tight trail riding and I don't really need the bike to have to rev as hard as it does to get in the power band. I have seen alot about the FMF Gnarly pipe, but was wondering if there was any others someone might suggest. Also, being new to dirtbikes, would it be necessary to get a new mufffler system too. What are the advantages/disadvantages in just leaving the stock muffler on. Any help would be appreciated, I am not new to bikes, been riding on the street for over ten years, just need a little guidance for the dirt, wich I wish I would have discovered a decade ago. Thanks!

JSin

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
its really the porting that needs altering-the pipe is actually good but it cant work properly with the large ports.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Yeah...I agree...get some porting done to the cylinder...You'll get better results and it's at a very reasonable price from Eric Gorr.

tony250

Nov 22, 2004
their are boyesen reeds made for increased low end and a gnarly pipe and power2 silencer would do it.

Fly-n-High

Jul 15, 2004
Definately try the Boyesen Rad Array with their tuned exhaust port. I also have a FMF Fatty and iCAT. She ripps when jetted properly!!

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
I own a 2002 CR250, no motor work, Keihin carb jetted properly.
I ride MX track for fun, Fast trails and very tight ones too including rock beds (first gear wity a 51T sprocket).

I have all 3 FMF pipes, Fatty, Gnarly, and SST.

The Fatty and Gnarly definitely boosted my low end. Lose some top though. With a shorty silencer probably a little more. I tend to go thru the gears quicker. I choose the Gnarly for my trail riding.

The SST pipe gives me less low end with lotsa over rev on the top. I use this for the track.

vetcr47

Oct 20, 2004
"I own a 2002 CR250, no motor work, Keihin carb jetted properly." What is your jetting? This isn't the stock carb.......thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…