tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I was wondering if anyone would offer an opinion on pipes to boost the low to midrange on a 04 CR250R. I ride with alot of people that have mostly quads and we do alot of tight trail riding and I don't really need the bike to have to rev as hard as it does to get in the power band. I have seen alot about the FMF Gnarly pipe, but was wondering if there was any others someone might suggest. Also, being new to dirtbikes, would it be necessary to get a new mufffler system too. What are the advantages/disadvantages in just leaving the stock muffler on. Any help would be appreciated, I am not new to bikes, been riding on the street for over ten years, just need a little guidance for the dirt, wich I wish I would have discovered a decade ago. Thanks!

JSin

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Yeah...I agree...get some porting done to the cylinder...You'll get better results and it's at a very reasonable price from Eric Gorr.

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
I own a 2002 CR250, no motor work, Keihin carb jetted properly.
I ride MX track for fun, Fast trails and very tight ones too including rock beds (first gear wity a 51T sprocket).

I have all 3 FMF pipes, Fatty, Gnarly, and SST.

The Fatty and Gnarly definitely boosted my low end. Lose some top though. With a shorty silencer probably a little more. I tend to go thru the gears quicker. I choose the Gnarly for my trail riding.

The SST pipe gives me less low end with lotsa over rev on the top. I use this for the track.

Top Bottom