wumember

Feb 17, 2003
hey, whenever i'm in first gear it funs ok for a bit then it gets all choppy, i relly cant describe this well, its like it wass chking but then it gets ok, can anyone help me on this maybe carb thing..., this happens when i;m riding it slow..

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
When was the last time you did filter maintenance? There may be a small amount of dirt in the carb and it gets caught in a jet or is always there. When you say it runs ok for awhile and then gets choppy, is your throttle position different. Since your jets come on a different stages of throttle opening you could have dirt in the pilot jet and once you twist the throttle past the point where the pilot is doing its part, the problem goes away. Have you ever cleaned your carb. If not tell us and we can tell you how to do it. If the carb is ok than someone else needs to help you cause I am at a loss with the little information you have given.

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
i havent cleaned my carb, i was thinking it might be that... i also just lowered the oil usage but i know its not that cause i set it back were it was and the same goes on, thx for your help man...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom