zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I had a nasty get off my bike this past sunday. Bruised up my right pelvis area pretty bad. That bad thing is that I get these horrendouse nerve trama/flashes when I move certain ways. Almost feels as if someone was cutting my nerve with a steak knife.
I went to the ER on Weds and had Xrays taken which came up as negative. I received prescrips for antiflamatory, percocets and muscle relaxers. The pain is somewhat moderated by the pills, but I just got more flashes.
I have an apt with my local DR today at 11:15 am and will be requesting to get an MRI to see any other possible damages?
My question is if anyone else out here has experienced this? I have been told that it could just be muscle/nerve spasms from the trama/swelling in the area... But I am also afraid to think if I crushed a disc which is pinching a nerve or so on.
Just wanted to see if anyone else out here has experienced this. Thanks.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've had similar feelings (going down one leg) after a lower back injury...yours sounds worse, though.

Mine was a herniated disc that was pushing on the sciatic nerve.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have problems with my sciatic nerve and the chiropractor was the only help.

In your case I would make sure there is no severe damage on the MRI before seeing the chiro. Other than that I have had good luck with some stretching exercises my doc gave me and Yoga. I do not do it a lot but it is a big help for sciatic issues.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Moved to correct forum.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
thanks.
Just got back from my Dr, he states no reason for MRI, did tests on my legs and knees for reactions, all good. States that it is a very severe contusion to the rt hip area. Told me to take it easy for the next couple of weeks and gave me percocets.
Told me to wait a month or 2 before biking again.
I was so happy to hear that news from him.
now I will just tool on my 50....

Top Bottom