dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I took my rear shock off this week and serviced it.I noticed that my lower shock bushing had a lot of play in it. I bought a new bolt and bushing from Kawaski. The new bolt and bushing feel as sloppy as the old ones :bang: I measured the new bolt, it is .435", the new bushing I.D. is .475" I cant believe that a new bolt and bushing in this type of application would have .040" clearance. I called the dealer and had him double check the part numbers, he says I have the right ones. The old bolt and bushing have only .005" more clearance than the new ones after 17 years of pounding. This cant be right, I have almost twice the .028" service limit that is called out for the upper spherical bearing on the same shock :yikes: Anyone had experience with this matter?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I would suggest that you take the parts back to the dealer and have them re-order them. If not, have them call the Kawi Tech department to investigate.

It also helps to check a few years forward and back to make sure there is not a mix up in the microfiche.

On another note, be sure to lube the lower shock bearing religously. They are undersized and then they will oval out the unitrak link. Been there, replaced all that!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yeah. It's a good thing he doesn't have an 'H' model, otherwise he would have the same-wise poor fitting piece-o-junk on the bottom of his shock that he's got now!

Whew! That was close!!

1. What model bike is this? CHECK!
2. Is this post current? CHECK!
3. Service Manual Relevant? CHECK!
4. Is this post relevant?

........uh...............;)

Top Bottom