limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
My da just bought a 2001 yz426f the other day, but he is a little to short for it. I need to know how we would go about lowering it a little bit (say 1-2inches). What all would I have to change? I know I would change the "dog bone" in the rear, but where do I get the links to lower it? and how do I lower the forks?

Thanks for the help,
Tom

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
A suspension tuner can place travelle reduction spacers inside the forks and shock. This is also reversable when the time comes to sell the bike or if da for some reason hits a growth spurt.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
dad is 50 sum years old... I think he's done growing! Thanks for the info though. Any idea on the cost?

MotoGreg

Sep 23, 2001
What exactly do the travel reduction spacers do? Do they just keep the fork from extending fully or is it something different? What I'm saying is, say you put a one inch spacer in, does it just keep the fork from extending (toping out) one inch less than normal? If so, say my forks sag more than one inch when I'm sitting on the bike, then I'd never notice anything. What exactly do the spacers do and where are they placed?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom