robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Hello:

I'm wondering if I can - with my father-in-law's help - lower the suspension on my 1996 CR 125??

My father-in-law is BIG into modified car racing and cart racing. He built his own modified from scratch and races a 125 shifter cart, which he totally rebuilt, etc . . . He ports his own engines, etc. . .

He says he can cut the springs and make it work. I'm wondering about valving, etc. . . and handling complications.

Any input about difficulties and complications would be appreciated. I'm 5'4" with 28 1/2" inseam. I'm trying to pick up 2 to 4 inches in ride height.

Thanks

Rob Bright

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
Shortening the springs makes them alot stiffer, so you might need lighter ones to start with or order custom springs for your weight. Then put spacers on the damping rods and shock shaft, after you figure out the linkage ratio for the shock. As for valving it depends on what you are doing with the bike? I think that lowering it more than 3 inches is would mess with the angle of the swing arm to much. Call Jeremy, he does alot of shortening.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom