Lowering ?

Apr 11, 2004
My wife is starting to ride my KDX and she is noticing the height . It is an 84' and I have always thought it was plenty high. I could probably hack it and inch or so shorter also.
Is there anyway to lower it ? Is /has this been a thread before ?
Thanks,
Raz

RoostRider

Uhhh...
Aug 24, 2004
I think if you do a search on this you will find a wealth of information. Yes, it has been asked, a lot.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
The only kits I have found are for 95 and up.
A piece of flat steel of the same thickness that has 1" longer center lines between holes will work though.
I've had a piece of chrome molly on the bench for months and one of these days....

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
One inch?

My Devol rods are 1mm (or is it 1.5?) longer/shorter than stock. Difference in seat heighth is about 3/8" with that pull rod difference.

The 'correct' way to lower the bike is by reworking the shock internally. You won't get more than..what..about 3/4" out of the front by raising the fork tubes in the clamps anyway.

You didn't have in mind her riding a chopper, did you? ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
JasonWho said:
Point out the pull rods in this picture of 1984 KDX200-A2 rear suspension. ;)

ouch!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I knew that was coming! Yes, I did see the '84 part. Jim's mention of 'longer' and 'centerline holes' I thought just might be an OK to say something about pull rods.

Mr.J-Who lives for this sort of thing and my intent was to give him purpose and meaning in life. :think:

I get tired of doing the research required to answer a simple question sometimes (like looking up the buykawi diagram). Well, or just too lazy.

That's no excuse to post bogus BS.

I am guilty..again. :(

I should'a read this again! .

...which would have been about the fourth time. Guess it isn't sinking in, huh?

My apologies to HilltopCycle (a business name as a nick? Really?)

I am ashamed!

I don't deserve to live!! (for a number of reasons, but this one will do at this particular time)

Where's my sword?? I must fall on it!!

;)

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I believe the senator meant to say mm not inches.
That is to say, if you check with Devol they can give you an approx. ratio of rods to seat height.
What's wrong with choppers?
I'm calling Jesse James right now and ......

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: If you fall on that sword, can I have your bike?

I'd probably screw that up and just put my eye out!!

Sure! I'll put a bow on it for 'ya, too!

Want my 700SC, too? ;)

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
My usual 2 cents re lowering, get her boots built up with an extra sole. That will pull ½” out of the step, any decent cobbler can do the mod.

Shaving the seat foam works well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…