Magura Hydro-Clutch creates slipping problem!!

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
For Christmas, my wife got me a Magura hydraulic clutch for my 01 WR 426F. Since installing it, I have had to replace my friction plates three times. Can anyone help me figure out what's causing this problem?

Example, I rode my bike in a harescramble two weeks ago and it din't slip at all. Then yesterday I rode again and it was slipping in 3rd, 4th and 5th. By the end of the ride, the bike was hardly moving. I just put new plates (steels and frictions) in two weeks ago!!

Please help!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I would check your slack setting at the lever. Sounds to me like you don't have enough clearance between the lever and the slave cylinder. Theres no reason for you to go through plates that quickly. Thats the only thing I've heard off from a maintnance/ adjustment stand point that could cause problems. Also too, you should give Magura a call and ask them if they have any ideas. Good luck.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
You probably have air in the line. I've heard that with the Magura Hymec conversion kits the slave cylinders are a weak design and tend to start leaking.. Once the fluid goes down in the master cylinder, bingo, air in the line. I recommend taking it to a KTM dealer who knows how to bleed these things properly and they can have it fixed for you in fifteen minutes. Once they are done, when you have the adjustment screw turned all the way in, the clutch lever should not have much/any slack from being fully extended until where it starts to work.

I had to bleed mine a couple of weeks ago, when it had air in it, it felt like the adjustment screw was half way out although it was indeed turned in all the way (where I prefer it to be).

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Did you replace the springs also when you put in the new plates?
They get sacked out and cause the plates to slip. Although I doubt that they would be worn out so soon, just an idea.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…