Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I'm looking to improve my clutch pull on my CR125, it feels hard and when I pulled some clutches on some brand new bikes it makes my clutch pull seem real hard. Brand new clutch kit, cable was clean and moves freely and cable routing is right but I get arm pump sometimes when riding and I hate it! I was considering buying a fansy clutch perch and lever but for a few bucks more maybe a juice clutch is better off? I know there great and better then a cable pull but my question is are they worth it and has anybody use one on their '90-'00 model CR125 or 250 (same clutch style).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Thanks Okie for only a few dollars I think I'll try it and see how it goes. Do you run the cable in the bottom hole? Also which do you prefer the standard size or the shorty? Thanks again D.C. :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I have the magura set up on my 2002Cr125 and it is nice but only after refilling the system with 2.5wt fork oil.It also makes jetting changes a pain-i would not buy the system if i knew this beforehand.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
I have the magura set up on my 2002Cr125 and it is nice but only after refilling the system with 2.5wt fork oil.It also makes jetting changes a pain-i would not buy the system if i knew this beforehand.
Why are jetting changes a problem?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you decide to go assisted I'd suggest giving Erider a call / click (HERE). The kit offers numerous options for connecting to the actuator so it's bound to fit most any bike. The pull is VERY smooth the system has had zero problems on my bike. The slave can be mounted in a remote location so that you do not have any access issues like the Magura kit and the price is very right.:)

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Pat, am I mistaken or does that look a lot like the clutch off of a trials bike? I couldnt make out the letters on it but I am almost sure thats the same company that makes the clutchs for Montesa and Beta. Thats also a much better price and I think I would save for that and forgo a Magura or Hebo clutch.

Lee W.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's pretty much the same. The master is an AJP unit exactly like my Montesa has but the slave setup is a little different. The Erider kit is packaged as a "Hebo" kit with the slave being a Hebo unit. There is a very long (MUCH longer than the photo) cable housing and cable with the kit so the slave can be mounted just about anywhere to keep it safe and out of the way. There are several connection options and pieces so I'd bet they have just about any bike covered. It's not a tinker toy setup because it has several options it just requires a little thinking vs a straight designed for bike "X" kit. There should be a DRN Tested on it showing up very soon.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Durt Cycler
Thanks Okie for only a few dollars I think I'll try it and see how it goes. Do you run the cable in the bottom hole? Also which do you prefer the standard size or the shorty? Thanks again D.C. :)
I run it in the easy pull (last) position, there is more leverage. Never tried the shorty lever, the standard one is shorter than stock, has a lot of bend in it, bringing it closer to the bar.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I run the Raptor too; in the easiest pull position. Mine has the shorty lever. I love it.
My 500 had monster clutch pull. Once I added the Raptor it's a 1-2 finger easy pull. Well worth the money IMO.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Papa I'd guess you could just pull on the cable and it would be a 1 or 2 finger deal. :confused:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
On the magure the slave cylinder is upright and is a little stumpy thing, it totally stop you twisting the carb on its side to access the main jets etc.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by Patman
Papa I'd guess you could just pull on the cable and it would be a 1 or 2 finger deal. :confused:
You mean the Raptor is supposed to be attached to the handle bar?:confused: I knew I had something set up wrong.;)

Top Bottom