Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
After thinking of getting a Magura juice clutch, Okie gave me advise to run a MSR Raptor clutch pull before dropping the bucks on a Magura. I listened to his advise and found a nice new (but used once or twice) MSR Raptor clutch pull (standard size with clear grip) for only $5.50 with not even a single scratch or peice of dirt on it! I just now got it from the mail and went and tried it on my bike. I used the 3rd slot (easy pull slot) I set the cable up and pulled it a few times. Wow was it ever so different and better from my stock lever and perch. I don't know about 333% easier pull (maybe it works better with the bike running and plus the temp. did drop so it's real cold again here!) but it sure was easier. I would of paid $40 for a brand new one over dishing out $100+ on a fansy clutch perch or juice clutch. Thanks alot Okie!:aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You were looking for easier clutch pull. A juice clutch is not intented to reduce cllutch-pull, most will tell you that the pull is not easier, some will say it is. Therefore I suggested the Raptor. It's not like the raptor easy-pull is a cheap alternative to a hydralic clutch.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Yea I also heard mix reviews of the Magura juice clutch, some say it doesn't give any better clutch pull then a cable but others say it gives a much easier pull. Magura also states it gives easier pull but oh well I'm happy with the Raptor...:)

Yz133

Feb 5, 2002
DC,
Are you still happy with the Raptor Assy?
In the least effort setting, do you need to remove all slack from the cable to get good engagement?
Do you think the shorty lever would have been better than the standard or is it best to just move the perch in-board on the bars?
Where did you find one so cheep?
Thanks

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Opps I made a mistake in my first post I am using a shorty lever not standard. Well to answers your questions...

1) Ya I am still very happy I bought the raptor clutch pull. I got my riding buddies wanting to buy one cause of how easy the clutch pull is now!

2) I adjusted my clutch cable adjustment all the way in and have the perch adjustment about 1/2" adjusted out.

3) I beleive shorter levers give alittle harder pull over standard size, but with the Raptor shorty I really like the feeling of the shorty lever and the gel grip. Standard or shorty would work just fine I prefer the shorty feel. I have the perch setup so it's the grip/kill switch/perch in a tight order to give a better feel on the lever.

4) EBAY!!!!!!!!(www.ebay.com)
;)

efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
I've never been able to come to terms with the clutch release point with the cable in the third slot, however I combined the raptor in the second position with a moose ez-clutch, and my KX500 is as easy to pull as any 250 I've ever owned!!!:moon:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I tried my raptor shorty lever this weekend on Xr4. Cable in c position pulls very easy and smooth. My only complaint is that you cant use cable adjuster properly because the aluminum on screw bends and cable gets stuck inside.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by fremontguy
I tried my raptor shorty lever this weekend on Xr4. Cable in c position pulls very easy and smooth. My only complaint is that you cant use cable adjuster properly because the aluminum on screw bends and cable gets stuck inside.
I got my MSR raptor last month but have not had a chance to ride with it yet. the unit i ordered (from Bob's) has an on the fly adjuster with a reversable lock out, very very nice! :D Looking forward to finally riding this Saturday :confused:

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I was going to suggest that you get a Honda clutch perch and lever (easier pull than most) but you already have one your CR125. I had a Raptor on my YZ and liked it but it wasn't as easy a pull as my CR. I also went through a few levers because they are not as strong (they have 3 holes for the different pull ratios - this reduces the strength). My suggestion is to lube your cable with Triflow often, change when worn, lube the pivot point on the lever and work on strengthening your forearms. Shorter lever = harder pull.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
shoot I messed up again I don't have a shorty, I thought it was untill I saw the shorty my friend got for his Banshee (way too short for me). Sorry again.

efivecoat

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2002
ok, I just got my KTM 380 with the magura juice clutch, my advice to all that can afford it, trash the cable and get the hydraulic setup...too sweet!!!

Top Bottom