Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Okay, so the maintainance on a bike is measured in hours, but how is everyone keeping track of their "Hours"?

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
Jump over to the product reviews forum. There is topic named' Yamaha hour meter' or something. From what i gather is velcros to your bike and will tell you how many hours you have on your bike from when you start it to when you stop it.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
My races are 15mins plus a lap-3 races a day plus practice gives exactly one hour-i bet most play riding is harder to work out-just keep a log of hours each ride.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The hour meter is the best solution and it's so cheap it's silly not to use it if you are serious.
You can track your fuel usage and get a pretty accurate idea of hours as well once you do a bit of detective work to determine lbs of fuel/hour for your engine.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
I can't tell you how easy it is to install.

The packaging also said that some models are a tach also. Not the one I purchased...it just has a blinking triangle on the display while the bike is running.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
I will check into it...remeber that it is a digital display so the tach is only going to be a sample and not super accurate. Maybee it would help find where your bike flattens out on top and could possibly help in tuning.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Thanks, I'd appreciate it! If the tach isn't that accurate then it may not be worth the cost/hassle.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Analog tachometer would be much more precise and reactive than the digital readout is what he's getting at I think.

Kinda like a good Fluke meter for electricians...both digital and analog models are super accurate, but for visual guaging the anolog needle is far preffered as it is so fast to react. The digital readouts tend to be slightly slower thus you may not see a quick spike.

Last edited:
B

biglou

Jaybird's right. I think with the digital meters, the internals react quickly enough, but the LCD can't match its pace. And if you set it to hold peak, it will not indicate once the measurement falls back below that peak. Now, for analog, gotta love the Simpson multimeter. Those rock. Especially when they started putting a resettable breaker on the front (when was that, the 70's? :o ) instead of having to replace the fuse everytime you tried to check that circuit with it set to the Ohms scale! Wish I could justify the cost of one of those bad boys to compliment my digital mm. :cool:

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Endosports,

In your other post you say that retail is like $27. Did you get yours for this? My local dealer wants $48, and all the net dealers want $37 and up. If this is the case, and it doesn't put you out, would you be willing to get one for me?

Thanks,
Andrew

Top Bottom