MAJOR overhaul suggestions requested

know_fear

May 19, 2000
I'm in the process of reworking my '00 220R. The cylinder and head should be back from Eric's shop soon with the "More everywhere" porting and the bottom end is getting new rod and mains. (The bike already had the RB mod., Rev pipe and KX front end) I just had the paint stripped from the frame and I plan to repair some of the gouges on the bottom. Could you folks give me some opinions on a weld on skidplate versus a bolt on and also powdercoating versus an epoxy paint (epoxy can be touched up). Thanks.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
know_fear said:
Could you folks give me some opinions on a weld on skidplate versus a bolt on

I'm not aware of any "weld-on" skid plates. From a maintainance point of view I'm not sure I'd want one anyway. I guess you could always have a bolt-on welded.

know_fear said:
I just had the paint stripped from the frame and I plan to repair some of the gouges on the bottom....powdercoating versus an epoxy paint (epoxy can be touched up).

If you do a search you'll find a lot of info on this subject. Both paint and powder coating will come off the frame in time. Neither are perfect. If you can get powder coating for the same price as paint, go with the powdercoat. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend the extra money, it's just not worth it.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
Re paint, I figure since nothing will stand up to rock bashing it may be better to use something that can be touched up. Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom