Mar 1, 2005
my 01 cr125 already has the following done to it: porting and head work by pro circuit and it has their pipe with the shorty silencer as of right now. my dilemma is it has fine bottom and mid but goes flat on top it seems rather quick. whats the best thing i can do to get more top out of it without giving up to much low and mid? would switching out the shorty help? if so what do u guys recommend?i still have the stock silencer lying around never even used it. would that be the way to go?

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I'd start by switching out the shorty silencer. I've never owned your specific bike, but have had many 125cc and 250cc MX bikes (currently ride an 01 CR250R). In my experence the shorty silencers boost low-mid at the expense of top and pretty much kill your over-rev ability. Some people like them, but I really don't care for them. I'd suggest going back to stock or a Turbine Core II/FMF Q. If you doing woods work you would probably benifit from a quieter bike and USFS approved spark arrestor (needed at Taskers Gap/Edinburg/GW Natl forrest). Where do you usualy ride? I'm in Stafford VA and always on the look out for people and place to ride with/at.

Mar 1, 2005
bikepilot thanks for the tips, i live near richmond in Glen Allen and usually ride down in sandston.i am also lookin for someone to ride with.at this point all my buddies have basically given it up and the land i was ridding on the owner has recently sold it so as of right now with the exception of one little spot behind a friends house i've got nowhere else to ride.where in stafford are you located?

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I'm off Rt 610 (Exit 143 off I-95) in north stafford, just south of Quantico. I don't have a lot of great riding areas either. A couple of frinds with smallish trail networks on their properties, but that gets kinda old riding the same trail over and over. George Washington national forrest is about a 2hour drive for me, but has a pretty large selection of trails, with a good bit of technical rocky stuff:) Its all free and legal. If you want to go out their sometime I'm game. Your supposed to have a spark arrestor, but I've personally never been stoped or check for it (though I do have one on my bike).

Top Bottom