colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
So I went out ridding this weekend and went down hard. Tore every ligament in my sholder. Doc said I should be on the road to recovery in 3 to 4 weeks if something is broken then Im lookng at a month and a half of being out. Which sucks because the ski resorts open thursday. :bang:

I hit a patch of ice started sliding somehow the bike caught and through me about 15 ft from bike landed on my shoulder and that was that. I know its getting cold everywhere and snow is starting to fly so if your out please be safe so you don't end up injuryed.

Quick question doesn't the rear tire usually take the same line as the front tire? In my case it did not because my front tire was clear of the ice. I hate being hurt. :|

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Unless you are using the front brake, the front tire is just rolling along. The rear is much more likely to lose traction because it is usually accelerating (on the gas) or decellerating (off gas and/or on rear brake).

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
yeah i know but i wasn't on the gas i was just going along minding my own buisness and BAM back tire on ice I'm on ground thinking wow that sucked.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Hope you heel up quick- sure hate to miss the early season snow.

The rear will break loose more easily then the front (as in a car also) even if not accelerating. Look at it this way the power to drive the wheels is encountering steady resistance and then you hit the ice and the resistance is gone so the tires spins faster and break loose. The front wheel as Gomer said is just rolling and has no force driving it

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ice, unless you have screws in the tire forget it. They have a class in ice racing where they can only run rubber tires only, that would be interesting! Good luck healing!

Top Bottom