drz400e

Oct 16, 2004
I live 25 min from Sandilands Provincial Park. Great trails, from tight single track to open double. A bunch of us planning to go out on May long weekend.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Phil

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hey Phil, Thought I'd already come across all the Manitoba members on this board. We spend most of our time at the track instead of the trails but someday I'll have to take time to check them out.

Doug

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
We hit them all(Beausejour, Grunthal, Morden, Altona, Brandon, Melita, Killarney and new for this year Gimli and Wpg Speedway), my son races MX all season and I take photo's at the tracks and do some race reports for RacerXCanada's website. Check out my site at http://www.holeshotphotography.net . If I can find the time I'd love to hook up with some trail riders but the downside is weekends are usually out because we are at the track.

drz400e

Oct 16, 2004
Doug E.

Hagen says Hi. His boys race as well. #24 and #100
He Just picked up some framed pics from you.
I'll be at the Grunthal race with my son. I'll look you up.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Man, it's a small world :) Definitely track me down and say hello. Is your son going to race or are you coming out to spectate? Are you out Steinbach way as well then, given your a friend of Hagen's?

drz400e

Oct 16, 2004
Yup. I work with Hagen.

My 8 year old rides a KTM, my wife and myself both ride
Suzuki. No racing for us. For me its an old age thing. My son wants to trail ride.

I will definatley see you at Grunthal.

Phil

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
drz400e said:
Yup. I work with Hagen.

No racing for us.... My son wants to trail ride.

That's how this all started for us, Figured it would be nice to get a trail bike and take the boy on rides at the cottage. That was 5 years ago, 1 mx school later he was hooked and I've been to the cottage less than once per year since :bang:

drz400e

Oct 16, 2004
Doug: I usually go riding on Wed. mornings early. There are generally 3-4 tag alongs on Wednesday's. Either they play hocky from work, call in sick or own there own bus and take the half day off.
We hope to be riding by mid April. It would be great if you could make it out.

Phil

Apr 6, 2006
I live in Gimli and the track should be ready for this season kinda Embarassing last year but the track is really starting to take shape 50-85 foot table top two landings one at 50 the other at 85 completed 4-5 HUGE rollers and it is just shy of 2 kilometers long I believe, did a couple of laps last year while it was being built. Mostly ride just west of Gimli it's called the swamp we have 5 metal ramps 3.5-10 feet tall a 70 foot gap over the swamp and a 25 foot step up. If you show up in Gimli this summer and want to hit this place up look for me all black CR black and grey Shift Recon Gear a Grey Pontiac Montana withe a black and red Trailer. Just mention this topic.

drz400e

Oct 16, 2004
Doug: How was your ride in Sandilands on Wed Sept 20th. Sorry I had to leave when
you got there. The Signex boys like that tight stuff. I'm riding next Wednesday. You are welcome to join me.

Phil

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Phil: If I'm the Doug you're asking I never made it to the Sandilands on Wednesday. I was supposed to go with Rob Gaudet of Image Plus and some Hydro guys but the tranny puked in my Caravan. I'm hoping to get out with those guys soon as Rob has been after me for a few years to come ride with them now.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I likely won't see him until the AX on the 6/7th of October unless I make it out to Traverse Bay for a ride with them on Monday. I'll ask him when I see him though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom