MANY THANKS from the Family of "Motoman393"

Motodad 393

Oct 11, 2002
Hello Dirtrider's,
My name is Michael Berg and my Son is Garrett M. Berg [Motoman393]. I want to THANK YOU all for your kind comments, and generous giving to the Garrett Berg Memorial Fund.

Today I was informed that a group of "Dirtriders" from NE Indiana - lead by Mr. Jeff Mulindor sponsored a race on behalf of my Son. I have sent him a private email thanking him and the fine riders. I am very thankful for all the prayers and support given by MX/Trial Riders and Dirtriders all over the US and even 11 different countries.

Be careful and KEEP Riding SAFELY. Thanks Again - G_d Bless You All!

Regards,
Michael, Suzette & Shannon Berg
Email: mikemp@swbell.net

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
My Friend
Welcome to DRN, I have asked Mully how I can and other members can contribute to your Son's fund.

I am so happy to see you here! You always have a "Welcome Spot" in the "Kentuckyinia" Chapter!

Phillip!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Welcome Motodad

I was glad that in our time of fun that we remembered the gift of giving. It just feels good inside. I hope that the memory and spirit of your son and the way he helped people will live through his memorial fund. I glad that I could contribute in a small way.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Michael,
All those who interacted with Garrett have only have high praise for him. He was very helpful to many people and was mature beond his years. As a father myself, I feel for you in a way I cant put into words.
Walt Calder

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
'tis the spirit of DRN members to be there for those in need. Welcome to DRN and come again soon. Motodad 393 you can ask us for anything, just say the word.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I never met your son. I never sent an e-mail to him. I never discussed any posts with him online.

I did visit his site. I did learn a lot from him. I am motivated by the excitment he portrayed on his website and his other posts.

I wanted to one day meet him. He will be missed greatly.

Thank you for raising such a fine man who unfortunately left too soon.

Ivan

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Motodad,
I've seen great things happen here on DRN when something unthinkable happens. This is the first time that I can recall in which one of our own has left us so early, it's tragic to say the least. Though I never discussed anything or had any other dealings with your son I can say that he will be missed here on DRN. Our thoughts are with you and your family from the whole SMB crew.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Your son had some very helpful posts and a nice website. I commend you sir.

Sorry for wandering off topic, but this thread got me thinking, whatever happened to the mod that was here like 2 years ago, his name was JG I think. And if I recall correctly (which I think I am) the mamba raffle was to support him. I had heard that he was pretty bad at one point but was curious to see what his current condition was.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Michael, your son was just telling me the many reasons on why I should get a YZ450F. So informative, so polite and never once talked to me or any others like we were lower than him or knew any less. Such an inspiration......just made you smile reading his posts.

One heck of a kid.....God bless you and your son and your entire family. You all touched the moto world maybe more than you know :cool:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
I had heard that he was pretty bad at one point but was curious to see what his current condition was.

Last I heard he is doing well but with his disease it could strike again at any time.

Ivan

Feb 25, 2001
What happned to the young kid ? if you dont mind me asking I checked out his website and it was a nice site . Sorry to hear of the loss also anyone have follow ups of jg ?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Motoman393 is the one that we are talking about. Unfortunatly this gifted young man died at an unfotunate young age. He is missed, esspecially by one who never had a chance to meet him.

Phillip

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Motodad, Your son's presence will be missed by all of us,.....but his spirit will live on through everyone fortunate enough to have met and conversed with him. He was a young man with knowlege beond his years, doing something he loved the most. Garrets' spirit will ride on among all riders. God Bless.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
To everyone that may have missed the posts in the DW forum. Mike is speaking about the donation that was collected at Dirtweek 2002. Our donation was mailed on Friday 10/11/02. The check was made out to the "Garrett Berg Memorial Fund" from "DirtRider.Net" and the "Attendees of Dirtweek 2002".

Mike, it was nice talking with you on the phone.

Mully

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks again Mully.

Motodad 393, I can't begin to tell you my sorrow for what happened. All I can say is God bles you and your family and like it's already been stated, if you need anything, please ask.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i can't even begin to imagine your sorow at this time. to take time out to thank us shows some real class. in things that work from traditions, as i believe dirt bike racing does, sometimes it's just the small imprint that one make,that lives on in some ones memory, or actions, that continues to pay testiment and honor to those who went before. i belive your sonGarret, has done that thru his actions in the sport.may God hold your family in this time of loss.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…