THANKS...DirtRiders Cooperland Raceway in OKlahoma

Motodad 393

Oct 11, 2002
Hello DR's,
I just got an awesome check today for $700.00 for the Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. This is the biggest single check so far! Whow! You all are UNBELIEVEABLE.......

It has been real refreshing for our family to see the outpouring of support and concern over the death of my son. It was a month ago today when he died. We miss him so - I wish I had the power to prevent other parents from ever experiencing what we feel.

You may wonder what you can do - whenever you ride your most familiar track take a couple laps slow and evaluate the faces of the jumps. The tracks conditions change with weather and other factors. Often times as males we get 'juiced up' and forget some of the basics. I have always referred to these moments as 'testosterone fluctuations" Even the best of riders can be suprized by these changes and be hurt, or even worse. Be careful!

On a differing note the 1st annual Garrett M. Berg Memorial Race has been scheduled for December 1, 2002 @ San Jacinto Cycle Park in Splendora, Texas. Tim Ferry #15 and mechanic Brian Kenny have been invited to attend. No word yet if they will be able to make it. Many folks have been asked to sponsor item to award to riders and auction. Some of the folks whom have been asked are: Thunder Alley, Dubach Racing, Yahama Corporation, Texas Yamaha, Baker Boys Yamaha from OKC, ESE Trackbuilders, Three Palms MX, Highlands MX, Texas MotoPlex, Skeeters MX, Sidewinder Sprockets, Dunlop Tires, FMF Corporation, Bonehead Graphics, D&S Kawasaki-Honda, Proclean and many more. The folks from Southern Dirt Bike Magazine will be advertising the race and the Sponsors. Feel free to come on down and enjoy the fun. I will enjoy meeting ALL OF YOU. All the funds from this event will go to the Garrett M. Berg Academic Scholarship - MX Rider/Dirt Riders Safety Memorial Fund.

Thanks so Much for your kindness and contribution! Ya'll are SPECIAL.

Sincerely,

Michael, Suzette and Shannon Berg
424 Meadow Bend Drive
Friendswood, Texas 77546
Email: mikemp@swbell.net

:thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm going to check my calender. It would be an honor to ride this race.

Top Bottom