Marine 2-stroke oil in KDX

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul6585

~SPONSOR~
Aug 27, 2002
Any opinions on using marine 2-stroke oil in motorcycles? Does anyone know of differences in the oil? Marine 2-stroke is available in bulk at W-Mart for a fraction of the cost of what bike shops sell 2-stroke oil for. I am currently using Yamalube in the KDX.

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
I've no idea but I bet this will be one of those 3 page oil threads.

NYkdxer

Feb 21, 2003
I have used that wal-mart oil in my ATV, and snowmobiles before. Its not too bad, and at $6 a gallon cant beat it. It doesnt compare to the Amsoil I use in one of my sleds but..... Have had NO plug fouling problems or carbon buildup for 800 miles w/the Wally world stuff. It is TCW3 rated, ashless type. I'd say give it a shot.....save a few...er, ten bucks.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Yes, I've stared at that gallon jug of (I think it was Pennzoil) 2-stroke oil many times at Walmart. I'm just paranoid now about not using full synthetics. Will I actually get longer life and cleaner burning using full synthetics at $6/quart??? Or should I save my $18/gal and get the cheap stuff???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are about 100 threads on DRN addressing this question. Take a look around and you'll find loads of info on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…