Douglas777

Sep 19, 2007
I heard DFW Honda helped "restore" Marshall Creek, and it is now re-opened. Is this true? If so, has anyone been out there? I am looking for a good local ride on Saturday.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
yes, Marshall Creek has been redone. A TMTC rep I know got the invite for a VIP ride a couple of weeks ago. He said it is much better than the helter skelter trails they had before. There is even a little MX track. Trail is signed and marked one way. For the question if it is open or not yet, Im not sure. Its not a very big place but it is great for an afternoon ride if you live close. Lots of sand. The flood last year really tore up the place and it took a lot of work to get it usable. Be sure to thank anybody that worked on the place.

superslow

Feb 27, 2008
The official Grand-reopening is this Sat. 15th. Free admission, hot dogs, music, etc...It's run by the city of Trophy Club. Look it up on their web site.

billyji

Jul 26, 2006
tx246 said:
yes, Marshall Creek has been redone. A TMTC rep I know got the invite for a VIP ride a couple of weeks ago. He said it is much better than the helter skelter trails they had before. There is even a little MX track. Trail is signed and marked one way. For the question if it is open or not yet, Im not sure. Its not a very big place but it is great for an afternoon ride if you live close. Lots of sand. The flood last year really tore up the place and it took a lot of work to get it usable. Be sure to thank anybody that worked on the place.

Some new information was brought to the table last night on the TMTC BOD conference. This is an exchange between Laura White and Terry Evans at Trophy club.

Ok well it is not an official "Press Release" however wanted you to let you all know what is going to be happening in the next couple of months. A couple weeks ago I was approached by Red Bull USA about a program call Urban Renewal that they have. This is a program where Red Bull comes in an updates areas that have a pretty good history with area users. They have done skate parks, mountain bike trails, and MX. It is there way of giving back to the community that has made them what they are today. Here is pretty much their plan, they were given aerial shots of the Motocross area, from there they are going to do some cad drawings of a Motocross Course for their group and our internal group to look at and approve, and then construction will begin. As of right now we do not know how much about how they will do the initial layout. When we were talking before though the rep mentioned that there would be a walking path so that spectators could go back and watch, and that there may be some decent seating for those spectators so that they do not have to carry their own back there. This process will not take too long, I expect it to be completed by the end of summer, of course that means the area will be shut off for some time while it is being worked on though. There are plans to put up a construction like sign that will show off the updated renderings of the area and progress being made. I believe that this will really help with how people perceive the Park and will give you all something to look forward to. We are very lucky to be getting something like this though since there are only a handful of other projects that have been completed in the United States. Oh and it will be maintained, if not by us, then by Red Bull so it should always be in good condition barring any floods like last year. On a side note the Red Bull Event Manager will be at our Grand Opening on Saturday to help answer more questions about the project. --------------------Terry Lewis Aquatic/Outdoor Coordinator Town of Trophy Club

Mike Green

superslow

Feb 27, 2008
I drove out to the park today just to have a look see. It is closed due to the rains this past week. Not sure when it will re-open. I can't find any current info on the status of the grand re-opening this Saturday.

Laurathebum

Jun 27, 2007
from the Trophy Club Forums

We are having a Grand Re-Opening event this Saturday, March 15th from 11am-2pm. At the event we will have FREE Hot Dogs and Soda's as well as a DJ and bounce houses for the kids. I have attached the flyer that has all of the information on it as well.
Grand Opening Flyer

--------------------
Terry Lewis
Aquatic/Outdoor Coordinator
Town of Trophy Club
tlewis@trophyclub.org
(682)831-4672

this should be their flyer....
http://www.ci.trophyclub.tx.us/downloads/tcp_grand_opening_flyer.pdf

if that didn't work go here
http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_p...12182&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1

billyji

Jul 26, 2006
As of 3/23 the park is closed due to high water. I spoke to Terry yesterday. Hopefully they will have a recorded line soon to let people know if the park is open..

Mike Green

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I was out there last weekend.

There were a bunch of folks, but the soccermoms were at the park area and the riders were out on the trails or in parking areas separated from the playground area.

Not that separation is not good, but it clearly was not a grand reopening of a riding area.

Red Bull was setting up an inflatable over the entrance to a trail segmet, but it was a quarter of a mile or more from the playground area where the bouncy houses were.

billyji

Jul 26, 2006
Tony Eeds said:
I was out there last weekend.

There were a bunch of folks, but the soccermoms were at the park area and the riders were out on the trails or in parking areas separated from the playground area.

Not that separation is not good, but it clearly was not a grand reopening of a riding area.

Red Bull was setting up an inflatable over the entrance to a trail segmet, but it was a quarter of a mile or more from the playground area where the bouncy houses were.

Hey Tony

I asked Terry if he saw you ? He actually thought it was a very good opening. Several of the residents of Trophy Club knew of the park and had lived there for years but had never been to the park. They had no idea besides the off road area there was also access to the lake. In time the the west side is going to be Hiking,equestrian and I think mountian bike trails with camping. He received a lot of positive feedback !
He also said when Red bull gets done with some event in Ft Worth they are hauling the dirt out there to build the Motocross track...The one that is there will be leveled and the new dirt brought in...For being close it should be a great play area.

Mike Green

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom