XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
It's true, ladies and gentlemen. Jeremy McGrath is back outside!

Looks like the SuperMac won the 125 and 250 classes at Mammoth Mountain, with Doug Dubach taking the honors in the Open class (hey, if Mammoth can do all three in one day, why can't the AMA in the Nationals?)

Here is where I found it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
XR Pred - the Open Class at Mammoth was raced on Friday, the 125's on Saturday and the 250's on Sunday.

Congrats to McGrath - in the open class he took a YZ426 from a first turn crash in moto 1 up to 4th place, but then got a flat tire in moto 2. www.cyclenews.com has some more info.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
but....... how.......... noway........ I thought he was strictly a supercross guy! Maybe since he sucked this year, he will try to prove something-:p

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
You're a pretty tough critic if McGrath still has something to prove to you!

He was AMA 250cc outdoor champ in '95 and runner up in '96. He has also won 125cc outdoor nationals and the MXdN. 99.999% of all 'strictly motocross' racers would love have Jeremy's record of outdoor success. And no one will ever match his record of SX titles.

BTW, losing out to Ricky in SX does not mean McGrath 'sucked'.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sucks? Quite the contrary. Mac is obviously smarting from the ass-whoopin' RC handed him. I figured he'd lay down and give up. Makes me respect him more coz he's outdoors training. Too bad he's not running the Nationals tho.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Its cool to see MC outdoors. Too bad we didnt get the show down with Bubba, Langston and MC. One of our local fast guys, Andrew Short got 3rd in the 125's and 4th on the 250. Way to go Andrew!!!

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by MRKRacing125
Maybe since he sucked this year, he will try to prove something-:p

Yah, he really sucks, only getting 7 SX championships out of 9 tries, and in the two he didn't win.... he got second both times.

Someday, I hope to suck like that.

morlock

Mar 28, 2001
Man,I'm amazed how the majority of us has the experience of evaluation when it comes to examine riders such as Mc Grath.Why don't we try to climb up to that level and may be later consider making comments!Later

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
I thought MC did Glen Helen each year?? Like his one off outdoor ride?? He crashed twice on the 426, said it was only for fun, be intresting to see and here him ride the big thumper, just to see how he rides it compared to his 250 2-stroke.

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
NASCAR guys get tons of sponsorship and support and go years without winning. I think the whole "2nd place is the first loser" mentality stems from years of MXA brainwashing. We go to Glen Helen and Washougal every year, and 40th place kicks a&$!!! McGrath has carried motocross on his back to the level it's at today. We can all thank him for that.:)

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
I am not saying he sucks in general, but I feel that MC didnt train as hard as he should have for last seasons supercross. Thats all. MC by no means sucks! :p

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
he has never had to train as hard as some people cause he is so gifted. he did underestimate rc. rc had to train very very hard to beat MC, but if rc train the same way MC did rc would have lost. MC will want to train harder I'm sure..................:think

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
The last time MC took second, he came back with a vengeance! He's got a lot of character. I'm looking forward to the '02 SX season!:D

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
I'm looking forward to the '02 SX season!:D

If RC is still in one piece by then, it should be a good one! :)

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Yeah for the first time ever he mentioned that he had arm pump so bad that he could barely pull in the clutch at Budds Creek. See folks, he is human afterall. But sure was neat watching him come from 19th almost all the up to take the overall.

FMF_pilot85

Jul 8, 2001
burnout

i think MC kinda cruised into the season thinking business as usual but RC really worked his butt off this year to get where he is. You have to think about it,after racing and winning so much MC had to have lost a little of that fire. I think he will really work during the offseason and next year will be the best SX season ever to watch! I think there will also be a few new player to deal with.

Top Bottom