Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
from racerx

A few calls came into the Racer X this morning concerning yesterday's practice crash for seven-time AMA/EA Sports Supercross Champion Jeremy McGrath. The new KTM/Bud Light rider apparently dislocated his hip while riding yesterday and required a trip to the hospital for some X-rays and scans. Nothing was broken, but MC will be sore for a few weeks. He is also questionable for the U.S. Open of Supercross.

Attachments

• t_mc_ktm.jpg
    t_mc_ktm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 790

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
What a drag. He should heal up good though.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, the rumor on www.usmotocross.com is that MC and RC were practicing at the same track, and MC was 3 seconds a lap faster, RC kept coming in to make some changes but couldnt beat that. They quote that from a fellow KTM rider, it is under the section "the Dirt" on the left hand side..
all rumors, but it would be cool if MC gets it straight this year to give RC a challenge at least.
IT also looks like Windham will do just one event, outdoors, which also is good competition wise for RC..
Funny how the competition has to focus on one event to have a chance with RC...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRI Scheduled
The following press release was issued today by KTM regarding the injuries suffered by Jeremy McGrath...

On Thursday, September 19, 2002, seven-time Supercross champion Jeremy McGrath crashed and was injured while preparing for the U.S. Open of SX. The accident took place at the KTM Supercross Test facility in Corona, California. Nearing the end of a long test session, Jeremy’s KTM 250SX momentarily hesitated in a rythym section, throwing off his timing and causing him to crash.

After being stabilized at the scene, Jeremy was transported to the hospital where doctors determined he had a dislocation of the right hip. Subsequent CT scans and X-Rays revealed no broken bones. Doctors were able to then relocate the hip. Jeremy was released from the hospital that same day and is resting comfortably with his wife, Kim. The preliminary results are encouraging for a full recovery. Jeremy will receive an MRI by his personal doctor next week for futher evaluation.

Jeremy is in good spirits and is anxious to get back to testing and training as soon as possible. We will keep you posted on his recovery.

Join Our Breaking E-mail Update List

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
While I'd love to thing that MC really is busting out faster lap times that RC, I have a hard time believing he is up to speed this quickly. (and going that much faster than Ricky) Prove me wrong....please.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I doubt he will be ready for the US Open. I am just now 100% after a hip dislocation three months ago. I was on crutches for just a few days shy of a month, the Dr. told me two. I started riding at two months but was not 100%. Hip dislocations are sketchy, the Dr. told me I would have been better off breaking my leg or arm as far as recovery time. The positive thing, like me, is that he got it set back in place in under an hour. The longer a hip is out, the greater risk of problems. I know one thing, you cant muscle a hip back into place, you just have to let it heal.

Ps. It really hurts to have the hip socket trying to stick out the cheek of you butt. :moon: :eek: :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by SirThumper
Ps. It really hurts to have the hip socket trying to stick out the cheek of you butt. :moon: :eek: :)
I just about fainted from the pain of that thought........or the thought of that pain........ OUCH!

hug747

May 14, 2001
As much as like to see MC race, I think he has nothing to prove and should venture into other opportunities. He set the standard for smooth, calculated, make it ***look easy*** riding style.

Top Bottom