Mechanically challenged chick.....

artygirl

Jul 25, 2007
Hey guys, I am having a bit of a problem trying to figure out why my bike is running so rich.
I am by no means a mechanic nor do I even shed a hint of any skill in that category however I do know a bit.
I have a 2004 KTM 125 SX
I have an FMF silencer on my bike and the carb was set up for the new pipe, however the bike sounds alot lower then a 2 stroke should, and its not because of the silencer. It dosnt have that bumble bee sound it should. my fuel mix ratio has been consistent and I have cleaned the air filter.
I havent yet read the spark plug but thats my next step. I guess what im geting at here is, is my bike supposed to sound low like that or does it sound like it may be running rich?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
is the bike fouling plugs or have a bunch of spooge out of the muffler? If not, it probably isn't running rich

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Put in a new spark plug and make sure your air filter is clean for starters.

During a hot, humid summer day, there is less oxygen in the air than on a cool dry winter day. If your bike runs good in winter, it might be a too rich for your current weather conditions.

You can lean it out a little by turning out the airscrew, and by moving up the needle clip 1 position (putting the clip in a higher groove will drop the needle further into the needle jet). No $ required and only takes a few minutes to do. If it makes an improvement but not enough, you will know you are on the right track.

Check your manual for the location of the airscrew and the needle clip.

artygirl

Jul 25, 2007
Thanks

Thanks alot,

I will try everything you guys have mentioned and I will keep you updated.
I appriciate that a ton!!

Top Bottom