crf250x_man

Mar 29, 2004
Thank you all for your comments. Justql, thanks for the invite. I have time off during the week and some weekends free between now and then. I don't live far from the farm, Gore OK. I can give you some help clearing or what ever you can use help doing. Just let me know if you could use some help. I would be glad to pitch in and help.
Susan thanks for the info, my wife feels better about coming now. She now knows it's not just a guy thing. Violet I think your right, we may just have to try and convert her. I have tried for a year now without any luck.
Well thanks to you all and hope to see you all there. Justql, here is my e-mail if you want some help.
crf250x_man@yahoo.com

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
dang it!!! im out for this here party. its graduation season and two kiddos ive seen grow up are walking the stage on saturday. i shouldnt complain. shouldnt have to attend another graduation for another 4 yrs.

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
whens the big meal planned??? i'm pretty sure i wont be able to just not work all weekend so i want to make sure i dont schedule work during the big get together.

I would just like to point out that i am done with classes for this semester and GOOD RIDDANCE! now if only i could say that about finals :think:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
sounds good to me !

B

biglou

Hey Justin, I'm just now noticing this thread! Could you email me directions to the farm from KC? lholt @ ff-corp.com I'll confirm the week prior if I am coming or not, but right now, I can't think of any reason not to. Prolly come down early Sat morning and head back sometime Sunday afternoon.

If I head down, do you need me to bring anything for the feed or anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lou, modify the directions to my house as follows:
Continue West on US412(don't cross Keystone Dam). 35 miles west you will exit on Highway 18. Go north approximately 2 miles. Turn west on dirt road to "Lone Chimney Lake". Go three miles west to a "T" intersection. Go right(north) until you cross a bridge, keep left and follow this road 3 miles, turn south at the county road intersection. Follow this road to the second Farm house on the left. Roll your window down and listen for bikes and the smell of two stroke oil. A hard U turn in front of the second farm house will put you onto the trail to the FARM campground, MX track and woods loop. Now this should be crystal clear, shouldn't it? :aj:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
:eek: Swifts directions are pretty close, I think you go three miles on 18 though, there's a green highway sign pointing you towards the lake. I'll try to do the usual and have arrows from the highway. No need to bring anything.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
If I don't end up going to MS to see the location for Todd and Robin's new house, I will likely come up on Saturday morning.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Directions from Stillwater are slightly different. We will post those if necessry. Justql put up some arrows today and I used the tractor to dress up the jump faces on the MX track. Justql will try to disc the track if the soil conditions are right(choosing my words carefully). Hope to see some new faces and most of the usual ones. Kowkatcher said he is going to set up the Big Top, not sure when though. Looks to be a good time at the Farm.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I'm tenatively planning on bringing my son Gavin (he is 9) this year. I put him on a z 50 last week, and was amazed at how quick he started putting laps together. I'm looking at trying to borrow the 50 for that weekend so that we can do some father \ son riding. Who knows, maybe we'll be riding the back rows with Justin and Quint in a few years at the enduros.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Seeing as how Quint beat me on one of the test sections at Gruber, I figure that they'll be in the AA rows, pretty quick!
VioletSP will have a realativly light load next semester, maybe she'll join us at OKC or Red River, this fall?

---brag--- Violet, as of last night, has recieved 5 A's from last semester (carryiing 18 hrs.), she should hear about the last class, today. Even if it is, ONLY a 'B', it was a heck of a job!!! ---end of brag---

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Zerotact said:
What do I have to do to be considered to attend?
Get directions and bring it on. :cool:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
We get to come!! Steve said he would shut off his irrigation engines for a few days so we can be there Sat. I have a case of Johnsonville Brats held back for me if it's OK that I bring them for the big feast. Let me know if it won't fit in with the menu. Can't wait to try my CRF250X on the trails!
SusanE

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well I will say a prayer to the tree gods for us all....lol SusanE, you will love that X on the trails....I am taking mine to the shop to do a few repairs, (Damn trees again) but will be ready for the weekend.
Now can anyone please give me directions how to get to the Farm from Tulsa please??? JUST TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!! Thanks see you all there soon........

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll post directrions in a new thread in the next day or so. Srellis, the brats will be fine. Zerotact, send Biglou a message and see if he would want to join you, he lives in Belton.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Having never done this, I do not know what all I need to bring. I really don't want to drag my grill down there... what is everyone else packing?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Big meal is on Saturday evening. Ribs, Brisket and all the fixins.

Breakfast of some sort Sunday. They'll usually have something out on Sunday at lunch as well.

We'll have porta potties rented as well.

Big top is a possibility as well.

Grass track is iffy at best, it's real hard on the grass on that 1/4 section to have 30 bikes ripping around it.

I have NOT disced the mx track, If I did it would be pure dust, we've had no moisture there.

Here's the list I have thus far, don't take not being on it as a hint, I just read the thread to compile names and numbers, the cooks like to know how many to feed,

justql (4)
bswift(3)
Dwreck
craig_enid(3)
Lorin(2)
Oldmaiconut
bundu(2-4)
doubletrouble(2?)
mx547(2)
srellis(4)
treetalker(2)
zerotact

Where's Okkxer, sawblade,tdjok?

I also did not list the "family" members that'll be there, most of them are really slow and stay out of our way ;)

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Zero, bring a video camera if you have one....I bet we might be able send to tape to america's funniest home video.
Really, my wife and I are staying in a tent with lots of ROOM...lol she got pissed cause I had to have the biggest tent I could find. If your sleeping in a tent and want a good night sleep may I suggest an air mattress. They are $20 at wally world for a queen size and you won't regret it. We like to camp alot during the summer. The one thing you can never have enough of is WATER. We use one of those solar shower bags also. They work great...just make sure you have a way to hang a tarp "AROUND THE SHOWER". Or just make sure it's really dark out...and trust your buddies not to have a flash light. This is the part you would want the camera for.
Hope that helps ya......Lee

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
There is no drinkable water there!!! Bring it with you. We "might" have the shower running though. It's enclosed, cement floor etc. NON heated fresh lake water. :ohmy:

Top Bottom