01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
How long will the color last? Is the rubber colored or is it the typical black just painted so its colored for a couple rides until it wears off? I'd like to see some other colors besides blue and yellow. Like maybe red?

dancrosbie

Dec 20, 2002
I just saw this in a recent magazine. They seems like the color will last because they said that they are going to be a little softer (which is great for FMX they say). Some other company makes red tires but they are for minis only.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I've read that because of the coloring, the composition of the rubber is not as "fine-tunable" as black tires, so Michelin is still continuing to work on it.

While technically it cool and different, it's ugly-ass! Looks like the bikes they have the clowns ride in the circus!

CRX

Jun 3, 1999
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
I've read that because of the coloring, the composition of the rubber is not as "fine-tunable" as black tires, so Michelin is still continuing to work on it.

While technically it cool and different, it's ugly-ass! Looks like the bikes they have the clowns ride in the circus!

Makes sense that Michelins, which are made in FRANCE are Yellow

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
the rubber is colored all they way through it will not wear off and one of the ways they color them is buy removing the carbon(black) from the tires witch makes them softer witch makes them wear out faster.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
If its an externally applied chemical process that removes the carbon black and replaces it with some colored chemical then I'd expect that the exchange only goes a little bit below the surface since the color is most important on the sides where there is no wearing contact with anything. So if that's the case, then the knobs would only wear out faster for the first 1-3 mm (or whatever the depth of treatment is).
Ugly/Pretty is in the eye of the beholder. If I used Michelins I'd buy one.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
im just going by what michelin stated and they did not say how much faster they would wear but just they will wear out much faster.

Top Bottom