gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Is the s12 front and m12 rear a good combination?I have heard good things and I wouldn't mind trying it out.Right now I have a Dunlop 756 front and 752 rear.Which I can't complain about, but the rear is chunking and wore down pretty good and I will switch front if I switch rear tire brands.:confused:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
The S-12 is of course soft terrain. I really like the way the tire handles. It has a very pliable carcass. If you ride any rocks at all, pinch flats are a problem. I really like the M-12 front and rear. I also like a Dunlop 755 front.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The S12 wears like iron! even thogh it is a soft terrain tire, it holds up very good and doesn't chunk like the 752. I used to run 752's all the time and now I'll never go back.

PaulXR

Jul 29, 1999
In our part of the world S12 rear, 755 fronts are the hot ticket. S12 fronts are very good also BUT they do have more pinch flats than the Dunlaps. S12 rear are just plain GREAT!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The M12 rear is extremely long lasting. It gives away a little performance to a 756 or S12, but is better than most rear tires, IMO. It has a stiff sidewall so you might want to experiment with lower pressure - like around 9-10 psi. At 12+ psi it felt too stiff to me.

The S12 is my favorite front tire - it works great around here. One of my buddies did get a pinch flat on an S12 front and went down hard, so he's gone back to Dunlop & Metzler. I haven't had any problems and really like the tire.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Well the terrain I ride on mostly is really hard packed.This is during the summer and in the winters it can get a muddy and such.So it can go from...mud,sand,some rock,hard packed dirt,loose soil,roads...:confused: and grass.So which do yall recommend more the s1 front and rear or m12 front and rear or a combination?:think :) Thanks

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
I ran an S12 all season on my '01 400 SX and most of the treacks I ride are hard pack. It held up awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would recomend S12 front and M12 rear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coperam

Mar 12, 2001
I ride with an s12 front and an m12 in the back. I'm extremely happy with them. I've had some minor chunking of the rear but the wear on both has been excellent. The trail conditions range from very rocky to loam soil unless it rains and then it is just plain muddy!

coperam

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I have had great success with the S12 rear. The S12 is a very good choice for the rear and works on hard to soft dirt(motocross tracks in my viewing). I currently run a S12 rear with a MS2 front(race compound)it works great. The MS2 rear is also a very good tire and seems to wear just a little bit slower. As for the M12 never even seen one but the only way or going to find out what any of these tires are like is to give them a shot.

Matt

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
M-12 front, S-12 rear, done 1000K's, still look great.
Hey, my right hand grip twists, whoa, it makes the motor rev, better not do that.
Ahh, just trying to say that I'm no throttle jockey, rip it up every now and then, and do a fair few road K's too. The S-12's on my mates RM's seem to tear knobs off quicker than mine, but all three of us love the S/M-12's, front or rear. Awesome in the soft stuff, without being too much of a compromise for other surfaces.
Sometimes pays to have a look at what the "fast" locals are running.
Have fun,
Peter.
p.s. I think Wattsy runs em too!.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I usually run the S & M12's. My local dealer was out of S12 front so I settled on Dunlop 755. What is the difference between 752 & 755?

OZ_dirtrider

Jul 2, 2001
Being a long time Dunlop shod rider, l was surprised on how well the S12's preformed as they provided me with extreme confidence in the front in the majority of terrains that l ride on.
As for the M12, they were exceptional and offered me a viable alternative to the D756.
The issue is price but for the preformace, l can live with that.

J
01 TE400
00 WR360
92 KDX250;)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I like how the S-12 rear hooks up especially in muddy, snotty and sandy conditions. They can also find traction on slick rocks and roots too. What I don’t like about the S-12 rear is braking-performance on hard terrain and the knobs chunk in rocky terrain. I also like to turn tires around on the rim to their life. S-12’s are unidirectional, and wear extremely fast if mounted backwards. The S-12 front is another story. It handles well in mud and sand, but I do not like the rotated side knobs. In hard terrain, rocks and roots the S-12 front leaves a lot to be desired. It also likes to chunk in rocky terrain. I’ve never tried M-12’s, but the front tire looks like a better choice for all around performance. The terrain where I ride is very rocky, so I probably won’t run them next year. Thankfully I haven’t had any pinch flats with the S-12’s, and that’s with running 10 to 12 psi at both ends.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I wanted to add one more thing about the S-12's. On real open hard pack fire roads at speeds at 55mph +, I end up flat trackin' it around corners! My experience is they are not stable on hard pack at speed!

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Thanks for the replys.Im leaning toward a M12 rear for sure and maybe a m12 front or s12 not sure about that yet though.Keep em coming.:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
've got an M-12 on the front of my 360, which doesn't like to turn as fast as the smaller bikes, and it's amazing how much better the front end hooks up! We get a variety of soils/terrain here in the high desert, and this tire is holding up extremely well. I'm considering trying this tire on the rear when I wear out my IRC!:D

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
LOL! You guys can get so danged literal sometimes! Of course they make an M-12 rear! But you knew that, you just were funnin' me, right?:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom