css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
For all in FLA I need opinions on tires. Which are better in Fl sand? Dunlop 756 or the Kenda Southwick? I would like the S12 but they dont make my tire size. Befor you answer with a diffrent tire I need 100/100/18 rear and 80/100/21 front.

Thxs ELF

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
how sandy is it where your riding sugar sand sandy ?
are you racing?
i have a dunlop sport d490 front and dunlop sport d773 rear
they do pretty well all around i ride up here in dade city
( north of tampa) i ride mud sand and hard pack traction and all seems to be good plus they are wearing really well
hope this helps ya
gordon

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I fractured my heel about 6 months ago but I do plan on doin some hairscrambles with FTR soon. I ride mostly in South central Fl so its mostly sugar sand and mud. Nothin real nasty but lose stuff. The trails also have palmetto roots so I have to be carefull bout nobies comeing off.

ELF

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
Tried the 756 front. Yanked it off and replaced it with a 773 front. Much better! Been running 773 rears for a while. I get pretty good life out them - probably about 30 all day rides per rear tire. Talked to the Dunlop tire mounter at the GNCC a couple of years ago. He recommended the 773 over the 756.
The 756 seemed to work well in wet sand, but was awful in deep dry sand. I suspect these characteristics are why MX'ers like the 756 - I can see where they'd be excellent on a groomed track.

Dunlop certainly isn't the only game in town. Michelin S12 is very popular down here. A few guys I ride with run a Dunlop 773 in the back and a Bridgestone M25 up front.

Top Bottom