Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
I installed gold valves in 02 cr250, in some regaurds its better than stock, but it seems to blow right through the stroke and bottom. I've tried many valving combos and pretty much decided that the mid valve shimming should go back in, instead of the check valve conversion. The forks were harsh before, but never bottomed hard, with the mid valve. Could i reinstall mid valve, remove shim to help with bottoming, but not have all the harshness of stock? I also imagine i would have to soften the compression valving. Thoughts?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
It may be worth to call Race-Tech and see what is their suggestions. I have read that alot of people are happier with their Race-Tech setup when they leave the midvalve intact, instead of converting it to a checkvalve. If ever you get lost with how the shims were before the re-valve, there is a post with all the stock valving specs that could be useful: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=92342&referrerid=18937 Ther are some people here that are very knowledgeable with Race-Tech products. Perhaps they might have better suggestions.

Top Bottom