MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I've mail ordered MX stuff from quite a few different outfits. Midwest Action Cycle has recently won my business. Prices are right and the order takers are motorcycle intelligent.

Chaparall and the likes have good prices and extensive catalogs, but I can't stand ordering something from someone who doesn't know the difference between a drain plug and a spark plug.

If you're looking for a good mail order company, I highly recommend Midwest Action Cycle. They handle aftermarket and OEM.

Worthy of noting, I've also had very good luck with Manchester Honda although their inventory is not quite as extensive as MAC's.

Weasel

Nov 24, 1999
I've dealt with MAC on many different occasion's, and each time I was 150% satisifed. Everytime I have called them for something, they have had it in stock, and in the event that they didn't, I would still get the part I needed within a few day's, most impressive! I alway's talk to Nick, he has hooked me up and bailed me out every time

Weasel

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
They're only 5 minutes from where I work, so I've dealt with them on many occasions. Some of the guys I work with are street riders and swear that the off-road customers get much better service. I'll go to them for OEM and motor work, but for riding gear, tires, chain, etc., I'll still deal with Torque Center. Been dealing with them for nearly twenty years, thousands of dollars in purchases, and zero complaints!:) Torque Center also sponsors my son's competitive skateboarding, and cut us some great deals on snowboard equipment.;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The town they are in aint bad either :)
I've been up there several times, a LOT of MX stuff in stock and on the floor. I could swear Eric Gorr used to work there?

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
I used to work for MAC in the 1970s. Back then it was a little performance machine shop in Lake Zurich Illinois. Ron Linsey, the main man, was a top mx racer in the upper midwest and he is a talented machinist and welder. Back in the late 1970s, MAC's shop in Lake Zurich was "The Place" for factory mechanics to work from when they were in the Midwest for races. The parking lot used to look like the pits at an AMA race. There was a practise area across the street and we had a minibike soccer field that was frequented by the likes of Bob Hannah, Danny LaPorte, John Savitski, Mark Barnett, Graham Noyce, and whomever wanted to stop by and hang out.

Although the little MAC was well known in the local area as the premier mx shop, they weren't exactly making a fortune for their hard work. Doc Linsey, Ron and Pam's dad got the bright idea to start selling Suzuki parts by mail-order. Keep in mind this was an era where nobody had a credit card and there were plenty of small dirt bike shops across the country. But the Doc was right, people responded well to buying mail-order dirt bike parts. Pretty soon we were selling complete mod bikes and repairing engines by the mail.

MAC is the oldest and most established mail-order parts company in the off-road motorcycle business. With their focus on mail-order parts there were natural spin-offs from that core business. Dave Antolak, my fellow mechanic at MAC, started TUF Racing to focus on KX parts and aftermarket accessories. I started Forward Motion when I left in 1980 and focused on engines. I would've rather done it all under the MAC banner but the Linseys wanted to focus on mail-order parts rather than service. That proved to be a better idea because theres much more profit in parts than in service. I'll always have good thoughts about my 70s experience at MAC. The Linseys are good generous people and they deserve your business.

Top Bottom