jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Ok yesterday me and my friend grabbed the wrong jug and put straight race VP and and gas mix with no oil in our 2 stroke bikes.... We rode for about a hour like this before we had relized what we had done... My question is do you guys think we have done damage? The bikes ran ok and never lost power or seized up... We both had about a gallon of correctly mixed has in our tanks.. I'm think that's the only thing that saved us... Anyway what are some of you guys thoughts on this? Think they will be ok after draining the tanks?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pull the plug at look at it, basically if the bike still runs fine you "should" be mostly OK but plan on having a shortened life of both upper and lower end parts.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
I hear ya man I just would hate to be 4th gear pinned before a jump and have it lock up and chuck me lol... I haven't checked out the plug yet but I'm sure its nice and clean or half melted... Lol

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If anything it would have been running rich (more gas in the mixture) so it wouldn't get hot. The problem would be lack of lube on the moving parts. Like the Patman says, plan on shortened bearing, piston, ring life.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Its a brand new top end from about 2 weeks ago and I'm gonna rebuild it again the end of next month so if the piston and ring last that long I should be good for awhile... The crank bearings are another story though hopefully they are good.. I will take a good look when I do the top end and are if can get check out the crank and all that

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
jayhedrick said:
I hear ya man I just would hate to be 4th gear pinned before a jump and have it lock up and chuck me lol... I haven't checked out the plug yet but I'm sure its nice and clean or half melted... Lol

If that is your concern then a set of gaskets and a Saturday morning to tear it down and inspect is cheap insurance.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom