Mikuni Carb?

AOC

Dec 5, 2001
Hi all,
I am after a PWK 35 carb for my KDX 200 which i haven't been able to find yet , however I do have a 35mm Mikuni flat slide could I use this carb?
If so does anyone know how to work the jetting out from the Kehin numbers? Any help would be much appriciated.

et998

Mar 24, 2002
i would also like to know if anyone has tried a mikuni flatside.keep us posted aoc.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
The flow rates from brand to brand will be meaningless so you are in uncharted waters a bit.

How much cheaper will the mikuni carb be if you have to spend a bunch of time & money jetting it? I mean it’s all been done before when swapping carbs, but you can get real lucky or real unlucky.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
AOC: What you have to ask yourself is this: "How would the Lone Ranger jet this carb?"
;)

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
What the lone ranger would do is to give it a bash with the jets that came with the mikuni, guessing that they would be approximately right or even a tad rich, unless it came off a 125 in which case it might be a tad lean, or even...
...well, youv've all seen me in action; when has the lone ranger ever failed??

signed,
The Lone Ranger

et998

Mar 24, 2002
ALL OF THIS RB CARB MOD INFO,AND I CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM THAT SOMEONE HASN'T TRIED A FLATSLIDE MIKUNI.I AM A NEW 02 220R OWNER,FIRST TIME KAWASAKI OWNER,AND HAD NOTHING BUT MIKUNIS IN THE PAST.THE PARTS FOR THESE SEEM MORE READILY AVAILABLE.THE RB CARB MOD INFO ON THIS FORUM IS VERY GOOD AND WILL PROBLABLY CUT DOWN ON ALOT OF TIME SPENT AT LEAST ON INITIAL BASELINE JETTING RECOMMENDATIONS.THE MIKUNI AND KEIHIN CARBS ARE PROBLABLY MORE SIMILAR THAN DIFFERENT.I DO NOT HAVE ANY KEIHIN TUNING KNOWLEDGE.ALL OF MY EXPERIENCE ON MIKUNI FLATSLIDES HAS BEEN ON STREET,THEY TEND TO BE FAT OUT OF THE BOX,AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO BIGGER ON CARB BORE SIZE ON A STOCK ENGINE WITHOUT PLANNING ON SPENDING ALOT OF TIME TUNING.I AM CURIOUS AS TO THIS TYPE OF SWAP,BUT I AM TOO CHICKEN TO GO OUT ON A LIMB AND BUY A CARB.SOMEBODY LIKE AOC HAS TO HAVE HAD A GOOD CARB LAYING AROUND AND TRIED THIS.BUT FOR ME I WILL PROBLABLY, EVENTUALLY FOLLOW SUIT ON THE RB CARB MOD.I'VE GOT SOME SUSPENSION TUNING TO DO ON MINE THAT WILL TAKE PRIORITY.MY.02.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
& some spaces might make it easier to read.

Canyncvr & Andrew you guys crack me!! ;)

Why he’d probably use a silver bullet fired through the jets.

(the lone rangers bikes all seem to run a little rich & get lousy fuel economy).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…