enjracing1974

Oct 29, 2012
hey guys. i have an 03' cr250 motor on my shifter kart. the motor is stock, but has a large road race pipe and silencer on it, as well as vforce reeds. logical thinking would tell you that i would need to go up in size on both the main and pilot jets. i had the stock 420 main and 30 pilot when i first fired it up, and it was pig rich. it wouldn't even clear itself out. so, just to see if i was going in the right direction (and not having many jets to choose from), i threw in a 360 main and a 22 pilot. the motor ran much better, but was still running very rich and would barely clear it's throat still. this makes me think that there must be something wrong. to go that low on both jets and it's still super rich and running crappy with a wet plug? it isn't sucking air, the mixture is 40/1, and the carb was rebuilt, so i'm confused. i had heard that there are issues with the mikuni tmx 11a carb with the float level being too high, etc. could that be it? anything else i should look for or try? thanks very much.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Go back to a NEW stock jetting and get the idle right?Try it from there and figure out if the jetting is even your problem?Getting to much gas or not enough is a start!!!Get it running good before you play with the jetting?2 strokes can be very finicky with the wrong jetting?

Top Bottom