milky gear box oil

karl149

Nov 24, 2004
HI i have been getting milky gear box oil i have changed the mechical seal on the water pump but the ploblem is still there.I have noticed that it only happens on wet days has any body got any ideas where it could be getting in?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
If it only happens on wet days then I doubt its the water pump seal. I have the same problem when I powerwash my bike. My thoughts are that it gets in through the power valve cover maybe, or the top of clutch cover. Not sure though, I would like to know for sure myself.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
could also be sucking it through vent hose if riding in deep water---if it's not from the cooling system, then change oil every 1 or 2 rides and don't worry about it---I don't.

Porter

Jan 2, 2001
If your case(s) is not leaking oil,you should recheck your water pump seal.It's easy to damage the seal when installing.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If it’s happening when its raining and no other time then its likely the seal on top of the clutch cover where the actuator shaft passed through. Inspect the seal and replace if required. You’ll also want to inspect the actuator as well to make sure the area that contacts the seal isn’t damaged. Sometime the spring can damage it or if there was a lot of debris in the seal it can be eaten away.

David

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…