zip

Feb 19, 2005
About 10 rides ago I took a flyer into a river and the bike was totally submerged. Upon return I change out the tranny oil because I could see the milky white color through the view glass. I have changed the tranny oil about 10 times now, and still seem to be getting water in the gear box anyway. I change the oil, but after every couple of rides water seems to be getting in. When I look at the view glass shows that white color. Any suggestions on could be letting water in?

thanks

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
What is happening to your coolant level all this time? This is too long for water to be showing up in the oil. I think you were told correctly above water from the bike or the outside. You have to stop the leak--again the water pump shaft is the most probable place. Cheers John

zip

Feb 19, 2005
I did notice on the last two rides coolant level dropped a hair but I would imagine it doesnt take much to foam up oil.

Thanks guys I will pull it off and let you know how i make out.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I had coolant in the oil on my kx125... Replaced the oil seal, 5 bucks, the water seal 3 bucks, and the water pump gasket, another couple bucks... I replaced the impeller, and the impeller shaft, also but I doubt it was actually nessassary...

Top Bottom